The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D and 21mm XCD in Mexico

I had the good fortune of receiving the 21mm XCD lens from Hasselblad in time for my trip to Tulum and Mexico City. I had the bad fortune of my X1D becoming unresponsive during the trip. I was able use the lens enough to really enjoy it. It is sharp, quiet, well balanced, fast focusing and a joy to use. Will be sending the camera to Support and hoping the fix is fast so I can try some Milky Way shooting in Hawaii. Hope you enjoy these shots.

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm lens mexico B1082304.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm lens mexico B1082453.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm lens mexico B1082912.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm tulum mexico -1082044.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm tulum mexico -1082180.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm tulum mexico -1082203.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm tulum mexico -1082284.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm lens mexico B1083226.jpg

joe marquez hasselblad x1d 21mm lens mexico B1083305.jpg

chimbos

Very nice collection and mixture of photos, you captured the culture and sights well.

Regards,

Matthew

FYI, the Power Board PCB was replaced by Hasselblad under warranty.
Looking forward to testing things out when I receive my camera in a few days.

Care to share any details of the Power Board PCB failure? What caused it? Also, how many days did it Hasselblad to fix the camera from a day of a repair form submission until a return shipment?
Good questions.
I don't know why the Power Board PCB failed.
I hope to speak to a technician this week.
Camera arrived at Service Center Thursday June 7.
Repair completed and camera shipped Monday June 11.
Fast turnaround.

dancook

I keep coming back to this thread as I decide on a lens to complement the 90mm..

you make the 21mm look tempting :)

sog1927

I keep coming back to this thread as I decide on a lens to complement the 90mm..

you make the 21mm look tempting :)
If I hadn't just bought a 30mm I'd be looking at one, too. I thought I'd let my bank account recover a bit before I go on another buying spree. :D

Indeed. Any camera can fail. And when it does, quality of a customer service and repair turnaround time become an important feature that is never specified in a brochure.
Do you think heat and high humidity contributed to the lockups and eventual failure?
Agree - service top notch.
Still don't know the root cause.
I was told original part will be returned to factory for analysis.
As soon as I find out I will post.

fotophil

Beautiful images - you have mastered extreme wide angle photography! It’s great that your X1D could be repaired in New Jersey rather than having to go to the factory.

viablex1

I had the good fortune of receiving the 21mm XCD lens from Hasselblad in time for my trip to Tulum and Mexico City. I had the bad fortune of my X1D becoming unresponsive during the trip. I was able use the lens enough to really enjoy it. It is sharp, quiet, well balanced, fast focusing and a joy to use. Will be sending the camera to Support and hoping the fix is fast so I can try some Milky Way shooting in Hawaii. Hope you enjoy these shots.

View attachment 134460

View attachment 134461

View attachment 134462

View attachment 134465

View attachment 134466

View attachment 134467

View attachment 134468

View attachment 134463

View attachment 134464

awesome shots and I really like your instagram!!