The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Cambo Rear Base Tilt Upgrade Option

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It lives in the real world too ... my first trip out to test front/rear adapters. I didn't really need them tonight but I thought I'd share a field shot anyway. Hopefully, I'll have some time this week to use the full movements with some still life images or something that might benefit from a looming/enlarging foreground (I have no problem with a cliche David Muench LF composition!).

One bit of feedback is that I wish that the tilt adapters had a zero detent. Also, the tilt adapter adds extra effective length to the rail as you slide the assembly to the end stop which might actually enable me to get away with a shorter rail than my current 300mm rail to handle long lenses.

kdphotography

I love the constant innovation from Cambo.

But it's that blue "Welland wrap/bumper guard" that really makes your behind the scenes image work. It ties in so nicely with the blue ring on the Rodenstock too. :loco::D:ROTFL:

Ken

p.s. I'm definitely going to have to get some new ones ordered for the next PIGS. :thumbup:

CAMBOUSA

Hopefully these will begin shipping in larger numbers very soon. Sorry for the wait, I assure you guys I am getting regular emails from the US dealer network asking about when they can be purchased. If you have one on pre-order, I likely have spoken with your dealer of choice already.

Graham got one of the first units that entered the states (I took the other one so I could demo it to the other US dealers).

Shouldn't be too much longer for a regular stock to begin flowing into the US. Thanks for being patient with us!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Blake,

For me it’s a no brainer in terms of increasing the superb universal application of the Actus. With the new rear standard I can use either my IQ3100 or GFX (and other folks can use other 35mm gear). With all the movements I’m able to basically do everything I ever could with my 4x5. :thumbs:

Just get Cambo to add a detent on zero. Also it does tend to shift a little when tightening. Hope this feedback helps. :thumbup:

CAMBOUSA

I've got good news for anyone who has been patiently waiting for these upgrade kits. I got in a large delivery today of all three, and after distributing out the backorders I currently have around three of each kit available for sale.

This is to me an indicator that these parts will be available in larger numbers very soon, and I can say now would be a great time to reach out to your dealer of choice to pick one up if you are interested.

Thanks for putting up with the wait everyone! Sorry it took a little longer than expected.