The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Phocus Mobile for remote X1D Shutter release?

tcdeveau

FYI someone on the X1D Facebook group is reporting that a cable release with a 3.5mm male pin works, I’m guessing plugged into the microphone port, but not clear which port.

I’m going to order one and test it for myself

fotophil

I went to the Facebook X1D Users Group Facebook Page and I misunderstood because the suggestion has nothing to due with a mechanical cable release but rather involves and electrical plug that has three insulating rings on a single pin which might correspond to four wires. The plug is supposed to plugged into an unspecified electrical socket on the X1D. The cable is attached to a small box labelled "Photttix". A Google Search showed listings for two Phottix Brand wired release devices. One to fit Nikon and the other to fit Canon and Pentax. Neither are listed to fit the X1D.
Without prior knowledge of the X1D electrical circuits it would be risky to try such a wired release but I sure am curious. Please keep us informed.

Last edited: