The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Heading to Sydney any nice scenic areas near by?

Boinger

Those areas would certainly keep you busy.

If you want to take a peek at these shots and let me know if any of them take your fancy, I'd be delighted to share details/tips:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16063951@N00/albums/72157629312455509

Ed
Hi Ed,

Love your work. The lighthouse looks like a nice area and where did you go to get the top down view of the opera house?

Also I saw this some time back you had some pictures with a satellite dish / Dishes? Would love to know the details of that.

Ed Hurst

Hi Ed,

Love your work. The lighthouse looks like a nice area and where did you go to get the top down view of the opera house?

Also I saw this some time back you had some pictures with a satellite dish / Dishes? Would love to know the details of that.

Hi,

Glad you like them!

Perhaps you could include a link to a specific lighthouse picture? There are several in Sydney that I have shot and I want to be sure we're discussing the same one.

As for the top down view, I was in a helicopter...

The dish shots were taken at an installation about 7 hours drive (each way) from Sydney. Are you up for that?

Ed

Boinger

Hi,

Glad you like them!

Perhaps you could include a link to a specific lighthouse picture? There are several in Sydney that I have shot and I want to be sure we're discussing the same one.

As for the top down view, I was in a helicopter...

The dish shots were taken at an installation about 7 hours drive (each way) from Sydney. Are you up for that?

Ed
I think it is this one I did like all of them, I like lighthouses so don't mind going around.

Yea that may be a bit far. Question is, is there anything else up there worth seeing for the family?

Ed Hurst

The first of those is Macquarie Lighthouse - which is in the eastern suburbs and reasonably accessible from the city in a taxi, car or bus.

The second is Barrenjoey Lighthouse in the Northern Beaches (near Palm Beach). Will take you over an hour to drive there (bus takes even longer). Then 30 mins walk up to it. More of a mission...

Hausen

I really like the street art in Newtown & St Peters, especially May & Caroline Lanes. Also a really cool area for Cafes and chilling.

Phase V

Does anyone from Sydney know if there is some upcoming renovation or
construction work on the Opera House? I thought i read something about it
and that they postboned the shedule. Last thing you want to see is a
gigantic framework standing in front of it.