The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf aptus II strange stripes

Echo

Leaf aptus II strange stripes

Hi all, i have a leaf aptus II back,but it appear many strange color on photos.I checked my CF card and format or change another, reset back ,change lens,change sync cable, it still appear on photos. If i don`t use the back several days ,when i use back again it back to normal,but become bad after take some pictuers.This is bother me,is anyone encountered it ? Any experience is welcome.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Three most likely culprits:
Bad CF reader
Bad CF card
Bad CF writer

You seem to have eliminated the card as a possibility.

Does the image appear with this corruption at the time of capture on the back itself? If so the issue is likely the CF Writer, which jives with the issue being more likely after the back is warm.

If it appears normal on the back and only shows corruption later on the computer then it’s more likely the CF Reader.

The dealer from whom you purchased can help you troubleshoot further and help you through the repair process if it becomes necessary.

Last edited:

Echo

Yes,i check my CF card、reader 、cable , format card and change another card or reader or sync cable.The error still appear on photo and display of back also.

Three most likely culprits:
Bad CF reader
Bad CF card
Bad CF writer

You seem to have eliminated the card as a possibility.

Does the image appear with this corruption at the time of capture on the back itself? If so the issue is likely the CF Writer, which jives with the issue being more likely after the back is warm.

If it appears normal on the back and only shows corruption later on the computer then it’s more likely the CF Reader.

The dealer from whom you purchased can help you troubleshoot further and help you through the repair process if it becomes necessary.

Paul2660

Odds are it’s the back if you are seeing lines at time of capture.

Time to get a repair estimate.

Hopefully it’s not the sensor itself but the controller chip.

Paul C