The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Cambo Lenspanel WDS-180L (Rodie 5,6/180 HR-S Digaron)

CAMBOUSA

Did anyone notice this? Announced earlier this year: https://blog.cambo.com/2018/04/27/cambo-lenspanel-wds-180l/
The pic is the short barrel version!
The more exciting part about this is the helical mount. Late last year the supply from Schneider of the longer helical mounts had run dry. The future of mounting longer lenses for a while was up in the air. We actually ordered what was told to be the last one that could be made late last year.

However just a short while back Cambo NL decided to re-design and make their own long helical mounts. So here we are!

photographist

CamboUSA "However just a short while back Cambo NL decided to re-design and make their own long helical mounts. "

Does this mean that other long lenses (150mm, 120mm) will also have the newer design available for them?

Thanks!

CAMBOUSA

CamboUSA "However just a short while back Cambo NL decided to re-design and make their own long helical mounts. "

Does this mean that other long lenses (150mm, 120mm) will also have the newer design available for them?

Thanks!

I haven't heard yes or no on how modern lenses are being handled, however I'd say it's safe to assume yes based on this recent Facebook post.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 12.16.48 PM.jpg

CAMBOUSA

Any chance to get a raw file taken with this setup and a IQ3100 back?
Let me see what I can obtain. Just bear with me, the Netherlands team is on holiday until August 20th so it may be a week or more until I can get something.

I'm assuming you mean the 150XL? Or were you looking at the 180L?

Phase V

150XL, and could you please ask them if they can make an adapter for Pentax 67
lenses, just as Alpa did some months ago.

CAMBOUSA

[...]could you please ask them if they can make an adapter for Pentax 67
lenses[...]
You aren't the first person to ask. I send them requests for a Pentax 67 solution a few times a month.

Unfortunately at this time I don't think it will be happening any time soon, but I will happily pass along the request once again.

**Edit** On a happier note I can tease that something neat is coming right around the corner. Similar to the request for the WRS-P67 adaptor, but different. That's all I can say for now.

CAMBOUSA

Any chance to get a raw file taken with this setup and a IQ3100 back?
Unfortunately the RAW files from this test weren't archived. They were used to determine the correct lens mounting and optimization and then the lens was sent back to the customer who requested the re-mount.

Sorry!

CAMBOUSA

I got back this as well:

"The new helical enables us to mount lenses longer than 120mm to the WRS, including Copal-1 lenses. The latter couldn’t be used in Schneider’s helical.

We’ve already fitted it to many different lenses, including a Schneider 210, this (very old) 150xl and the new Rodenstock 105 macro lens. However, every focal length requires its unique distance scale.

We’ve got a couple of versions in stock, but if someone hands over something unusual, we’ll need to calculate the corresponding scale and engrave it on the helical.

So the answer is yes, but always on request."