The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eMotion 75 NEW batteries

JKNIGHT

I would like some help finding NEW batteries that fit my Sinar eMotion 75LVr digital back. The Varta V290 and the Sinar V290 fit properly but they are no longer being sold in the USA.
I contacted Helga at Sinar (Leica) and she directed me to the Duracell DR5 battery. Unfortunately the battery is too large to fit my back.

It’s safe to shave a bit of plastic on the edges, if done correctly it fits in the battery compartment of your EMotion75.

eccwong

I would like some help finding NEW batteries that fit my Sinar eMotion 75LVr digital back. The Varta V290 and the Sinar V290 fit properly but they are no longer being sold in the USA.
I contacted Helga at Sinar (Leica) and she directed me to the Duracell DR5 battery. Unfortunately the battery is too large to fit my back.
I am using the Sony NP-F550 and fits perfectly.

Which firmware do you have? I have the 5.11.33 but the date setting only go up to 2017.

axiom

Any more options other than Sony NP-F550? Would the F570 fit?
Have you tried any 3rd party batteries? The Sony ones are getting hard to find.

axiom

It’s safe to shave a bit of plastic on the edges, if done correctly it fits in the battery compartment of your EMotion75.
I attempted to grind some plastic of a 3rd party battery. I have gone as far as grinding through the casing, and it still doesn't fit properly.
Could you give some tips of where and how deep to shave?