The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Holy Smokes - HY6 Kit w/ 75s at Calumet for $12,600

D

DougDolde

I wonder why they also have two more auctions for the same thing but at $17995.

John Black

I dunno know... One of my friends has been lusting after a HY6 for almost a year. A 75s sells for ~$11k (used), so this almost like getting the HY6 and 80mm for free...!... He's hesitating. Huh? I'm more of dSLR kind-of-a-guy, but even this has me counting pennies.

In MR article he said Calumet is ending its relationship with Leaf, so these sales are obviously the fall-out of that move. The $18k auctions don't interest me. But $12,600 is one of those "once in a year" deals where some lucky dog gets a really good price and can use and sell the kit a year later - and probably still make a buck or two.

Back to penny counting...

D

DougDolde

I asked them about it....the response "Sorry about that. That listing was up by mistake. "

mark1958

If no one had bid they could have changed the price or cancelled the auction. So no need for the manager to buy.. i wonder if they honored the price.. someone should email the buyer

atanabe

There was a disclaimer on the auction:

"Please note:
We are currently offering this kit through multiple sales channels. Supply is limited to quantity on hand only! Please call before purchasing or sending a payment so we can confirm availabliity and reserve for you one of these camera/digital back kits.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity. Buy one before they are gone!"

So they could get out by saying that it sold already even if the winning bidder clicked on "Buy it Now"

yaya

I wonder why they also have two more auctions for the same thing but at $17995.

Note the part numbers: If it starts with "DM" it's an ex. demo kit hence the lower price.

Strange that they advertise it as an AFi with an Aptus back - this combo doesn't exist really, since the AFi can only take AFi or AFi-II backs...

Better double check with them before committing to a purchase.