The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP-Lost data on CF card in Phase IQ3100-any Suggestions

algrove

My battery got low after shooting many hours using LV. I know I hit the power off button and assumed camera was off.

After many hours of getting back to hotel on remote bumpy road, I attempted to download my images to my external SSD.

To my surprise when taking the Phase IQ3100 out of my ICU in my f-stop bag the back was extremely hot. I looked at the LCD and to my dismay it said "Card Formatted" and asked for me to touch the green check mark which was my only choice.

I have not used that card since this happened, hoping I might be able to recover some images. I had used this card for 3 days and had successfully downloaded all other days images to my external SSD. So to be clear I have lost the last perhaps 100 images.

A friend tried with his computer via PhotoRec 7.1-WIP, Data Recovery Utility, May 2017 with no luck with the latest images even though he recovered 4 images from previous days.

I tried Lexars Rescue 5 two times with no luck. It is a 64GB Lexar 1066 CF card.

Someone out there might have used a recovery software which helped them in this situation so I would like any suggestions from Phase owners.

Thanks.

Paul2660

I have used “Get data back”.

It’s a PC based program I have used in the past. Not sure if they are still around.

Paul C

hcubell

I have used three different programs with varying degrees of success: DataRescue 3, Photorecovery Pro, and Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery. I have had to deal with corrupt CF cards several times and these programs have fully recovered all of the files. Unfortunately, I can't recall whether any one of them was more effective than the other. I think you may be able to download a trial for a limited time period.

algrove

My first try found 6 images out of about 105 lost. Decided the $99 was not worth it for 6% of total.

On to trying the next suggestion, but shooting schedule making it difficult to devote 2 hours to initial scan.

More later.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
My first try found 6 images out of about 105 lost. Decided the $99 was not worth it for 6% of total.

On to trying the next suggestion, but shooting schedule making it difficult to devote 2 hours to initial scan.

More later.
The deep/thorough scan (or whatever that app calls the non "quick" scan) is very likely needed. Just put the card aside and don't write anything else to it and the deleted files will (very likely) still be there whenever you have time to spend on it.

Do update this thread either way please. It adds to the bank of knowledge we all have on what works and what doesn't.

algrove

Doug

First, thanks for your help. In fact I did a deep scan after the inital scan and it was the deep scan that came up with only 6 images.

I am involved in up early/shooting late this week so another 2 hours will not be possible no matter the software.

Back home on the 31st and will try then since the card has been put aside and not used ever since this happened.

algrove

Back home. Had success with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Software. Recovered every single image and identified each file as shot by a Phase One IQ3100, xxx.xx mb, date etc. Very pleased with the results.

Steve Hendrix

Back home. Had success with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Software. Recovered every single image and identified each file as shot by a Phase One IQ3100, xxx.xx mb, date etc. Very pleased with the results.

In my experience, it is always worth trying variants of the same type of product, different manufacturers, etc. I haven't had much need for media card recovery, but I've definitely had the experience where Disk Warrior could not resuscitate a hard drive, but Tech Too Pro could. It doesn't mean TTP is better than DW, just that whatever the issue was in that particular situation, it was able to handle it. I'm sure the same applies to various data recovery apps that incorporate data recovery beyond traditional hard drives.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Digitalcameraman

Great news. I will add that to my list of one to try when folks have a problem.