The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P1 IQ4 150 Leaked Image?

Phase V

Looks good, but wait a minute, the new 100 Mpx back with smaller sensor and BSI
Design would be perfect for my Cambo, plenty of movements and almost
no color cast, guess i take both of them, no need for swaping backs any more :D:D:D

Paul2660

Not really a rumor is it. This has been known about for over 1 year. 150MP, BSI 53 x 44. My only question is will have the tricolor bayer work?

It's low odds to see it at Photokina, as P1 doesn't tend to make big announcements there, but anything is possible. Past big anno's have tended to be in January. P1 hopefully is working on a mirrorless solution as hard as a 150MP back.

Can't wait to see where diffraction sets in on this one.

Paul C

tcdeveau

I think the “rumor” bit here is the product image and release time window, not the product itself. P1 has made major announcements in January in the past, but I could see them wanting to get ahead of the X2D/GFX 100 announcements and get the backs to market before those cams become available. Mirrorless rumors was right recently about the 21mm XCD announcement so we’ll see.....

I’m also more interested in the new 33x44mm 100mp backs for tech cam use for reasons as described above. I’ve also decided 100mp is where I get off the megapixel merry-go-round. Not that it really matters for me though because I presumably won’t have the funds for something like an IQ4 for my STC in the foreseeable future, but it’ll be interesting to see how the new BSI MF sensors perform on tech cams in general.

Frederic

Smaller memory slot (XQD ?) and a new external port (Hdmi ?)
Unfortunately the casing still looks the same, I'd have appreciated a slimmer one

tcdeveau

Smaller memory slot (XQD ?) and a new external port (Hdmi ?)
Unfortunately the casing still looks the same, I'd have appreciated a slimmer one
The memory card slot is most likely XQD. P1 already announced an industrial camera (the iXM) that employs the new IMX461 33x44mm 100mp BSI sensor, and it records to XQD, so I imagine the IQ4 would use the same.

I believe many have been waiting for this for a while.

It's already known that there's no longer color cast in the Sony A7R-II's BSI sensor with most legacy wide angles. The IQ4 150MP would come with higher pixel density, so it's still unknown how the existing wide angles will perform on it, e.g. Rodenstock 23mm, Schneider 28mm etc. It would be so helpful to be able to shoot without LCC.

vjbelle

Page is already down...... wonder why - would liked to have seen it. Don't know at this point if I'm a buyer waiting in the wings. It would be great if they also offered an upgraded 100mp version. The GFX nor the Hassy can handle any of the wides as the the sensors are too deep (flange distance too great). The widest lens I can use with full movements is my Schneider 72mm Digitar. My 60XL is a 'no movements' lens. That means a DB for those lenses if movements are desired.

Time will tell.....

Victor

retcheto

Page is already down...... wonder why - would liked to have seen it. Don't know at this point if I'm a buyer waiting in the wings. It would be great if they also offered an upgraded 100mp version. The GFX nor the Hassy can handle any of the wides as the the sensors are too deep (flange distance too great). The widest lens I can use with full movements is my Schneider 72mm Digitar. My 60XL is a 'no movements' lens. That means a DB for those lenses if movements are desired.

Time will tell.....

Victor
I have full movements on an X1D and Cambo Actus using the 55mm Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-digital. haven't tried anything wider than that

Pemihan

Can someone explain me, in layman's terms, why the BSI sensor presumably would work better with tech cam lenses?

steve_cor

Can someone explain me, in layman's terms, why the BSI sensor presumably would work better with tech cam lenses?
Well, Anders Torger has explained it before. The components and wiring on the top of the circuit board blocks light coming in at an angle from getting deep into the pixel well. By moving the components and wiring onto the back of the circuit board, which is called back side illuminated, light coming in at an angle can reach deeper into the pixel well.

He also said he likes that Kodak put shields between pixels to prevent crosstalk. But nobody else has done that.

This is all I know about it.

--Steve

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I was discussing with my 'dealer' about potentially stepping up from my IQ3100. He asked me to call him because things are coming along very soon and he couldn't discuss over email. Unfortunately I've been too busy with travel to call him back but it doesn't take much stretch of the imagination to figure that the IQ4 150 is ready to be officially announced.

I just hope that there's a stampede of IQ3100 achromatic owners to the new back so that I can pick one of those up at a reasonable price, as that's what I really want. :thumbs:

Pemihan

Well, Anders Torger has explained it before. The components and wiring on the top of the circuit board blocks light coming in at an angle from getting deep into the pixel well. By moving the components and wiring onto the back of the circuit board, which is called back side illuminated, light coming in at an angle can reach deeper into the pixel well.

He also said he likes that Kodak put shields between pixels to prevent crosstalk. But nobody else has done that.

This is all I know about it.

--Steve
Thank you Steve, makes sense.

On another note (or not), I would like a back with a BSI 100MP 53 x 44mm sensor. I really don't need more pixels than that (famous last words).

Peter

Phase V

The new port on the back (whether it´s HDMI or not) could also mean that Phase One
is taken filming more serious now, which makes sense given the specs from the sensor
altough 4k at 30 fps and 8k at 16 fps isn´t really enough to replace a Red Dragon or Arri Alexa, so we will have to see. Oh, and please show us the new 28 Blue Ring too.

vjbelle

I have full movements on an X1D and Cambo Actus using the 55mm Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-digital. haven't tried anything wider than that
The extra 7mm depth on the GFX is what stops me from having movements with my 60XL. You do have that advantage with the X1D.

Victor

Connor Ray

It also looks like there is something where the logo used to be on the IQ3 series. Maybe the reason for why they moved the logo.

I hope it plays nice with tech cameras. We will know soon...