The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P1 IQ4 150 Leaked Image?

med

Please....let it be something more than just another IQ back with another sensor supplied by Sony with more megapixels.
I would hope that the jump to “IQ4” means something more than just pixels. Here’s hoping for some additional features/functionality. Perhaps an XF feature update? It has been a while.

vjbelle

Another DB with just more pixels, improved electronics and maybe dual card slots would be a big disappointment. Especially since history has the price tag being at least 25K for upgrading from the latest and greatest.

Victor

jduncan

Answers soon, according to Phase One instagram account : live event on August 28th, 14h CEST
Hi,

Profoto has an event, also. So it will be exciting going into Photokina. Profoto truly needs something that can challenge Godox.
Hasselblad made a mistake adopting CFast ( The H has a Cfast and an SD card, I can see why they did it back then), I hope P1 goes with
XQD or even better CFexpress. I also hope that is far more than a Sensor update.
I am not sure how much Hasselblad will continue to be invested on the H, so for all the Back /modular system lovers, P1 could be the last man standing.

Best regards,

jduncan

Another DB with just more pixels, improved electronics and maybe dual card slots would be a big disappointment. Especially since history has the price tag being at least 25K for upgrading from the latest and greatest.

Victor
Hi,

If the AF is as good as the D810 (one generation bellow FF) with proper multi-point selection: Will you be satisfied?

Best regards,

narikin

Page is down, but google apparently is caching the image, if you search “leaked IQ4 150” the image is available.
Yeah, just Google Search that, find the 'mirrorlessrumors' link and press the arrow beside the link to show 'cached' version.

There's not a lot to see though - an XF front view, with a Phase digital back on it, saying 'IQ4' - you can hardly see anything meaningful.

"Please Hold"

narikin

I was discussing with my 'dealer' about potentially stepping up from my IQ3100. He asked me to call him because things are coming along very soon and he couldn't discuss over email. Unfortunately I've been too busy with travel to call him back but it doesn't take much stretch of the imagination to figure that the IQ4 150 is ready to be officially announced.

I just hope that there's a stampede of IQ3100 achromatic owners to the new back so that I can pick one of those up at a reasonable price, as that's what I really want. :thumbs:
Graham, I feel it's highly likely that the IQ4-150 will have a Trichromatic filter array. It makes little sense for Phase to release 2 models, one with less accurate color than the other, now they've developed that. Therefore it should be a 'trichro', or near variant.

A custom developed CFA also gives Phase a bonus USP (Unique Selling Point) to help lift it above the 100mp mirrorless competition, that will otherwise take a lot of their prospective customers.

This could be wrong of course, but I for one will not upgrade unless it has this feature!

hcubell

There's not a lot to see though - an XF front view, with a Phase digital back on it, saying 'IQ4' - you can hardly see anything meaningful.

"
There may not be anything meaningful to see, beyond more megapixels. And it may not make a difference to the loyal Phase customers, who always say they're done when the megapixels reach a certain level and they are off the MP upgrade merry go round, but keep coming back for more. That business model has worked well till now. We shall see if it still works, because everyone knows that a 100mp GFX and X1D with significantly improved functionality are just around the corner.

tcdeveau

I’m also curious to see if the trichromatic CFA stays in the IQ4 150 and/or makes its way down to the 100mp 33x44mm model (assuming there is one).

It’ll be interesting to see with the IQ4 and H7D if either line of cameras is able to make use of on-sensor AF too, say in mirror-up mode. We’ll find out soon enough.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham, I feel it's highly likely that the IQ4-150 will have a Trichromatic filter array. It makes little sense for Phase to release 2 models, one with less accurate color than the other, now they've developed that. Therefore it should be a 'trichro', or near variant.
I agree. Also I see no reason for a 44x33 sensor version these days either.

I’m happy enough with my IQ3100 - I’m just hoping to pick up a 100MP Achromatic monochrome back that somebody trades in against a new shiny 150mp trichromatic back :thumbs:

tcdeveau

I’m happy enough with my IQ3100 - I’m just hoping to pick up a 100MP Achromatic monochrome back that somebody trades in against a new shiny 150mp trichromatic back :thumbs:
Sony also has a 150mp monochrome sensor on the roadmap, so I assume we’ll see an IQ4 150 Achromatic at some point. Another reason for IQ3 100 Achromatic users to trade in :)

med

I agree. Also I see no reason for a 44x33 sensor version these days either.
I think having a “downmarket” back available would be reason enough to keep a 44x33 part in the line. Surely Phase can’t be ready to TOTALLY abandon the mid-low price range.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I would expect any new back to support USB-C vs the legacy interfaces such as firewire 800 for example.

The pic btw has a different door layout. Dual slots perhaps? It looks just like they added a secondary interface vs firewire 800.

DB5

As a Phase One owner since the early 2000's, I'm afraid to say I'm not sure the 150 will be enough for me to upgrade. There will need to be a very compelling reason for me to continue wth the SLR cameras and backs, beyond just a pixel bump, though I acknowledge that an extra 50% is hefty. But this is a paradigm that I think is now outmoded and not wise to buy into anymore - I see it as dead money long term - at least for me.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new 100MP Mirrorless cameras and will likely step into the future with one - Not sure which yet but most likely the Hasselblad if they can deliver on lenses.

DB5

I think having a “downmarket” back available would be reason enough to keep a 44x33 part in the line. Surely Phase can’t be ready to TOTALLY abandon the mid-low price range.
They will need to have an entry level camera but the 50MP option won't stand against the new 100MP Mirrorless very well I don't think. Maybe they will keep the 100MP as the entry level and be done with 33x44 altogether. That would be a logical marketing path for them full frame v crop narrative has it's merits at least.