The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CI First Take on Phase One IQ4 150 Announcement

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Matt, how do you define R8? :) Surely there's room for one of these in the big city. LOL!

Dave (D&A)
Dave,

I was thinking Audi. Online images do not do it justice, as is the case for most vehicles. :chug:

Matt

hcubell

And just how many camera systems do Hasselblad work on exactly? :facesmack:
That's irrelevant. He didn't buy a back from Hasselblad. He bought a succession of Phase One backs with the promise that that it was an open platform. In fact, they are still saying that about the IQ4 TODAY. Now, he is being told that if he wants an upgrade path, he has to sell his H series bodies and lenses, buy an XF and lenses (and get a chiropractor). I am actually in the same position with a full set of H bodies and lenses and an IQ180, but I wouldn't dream of moving to an IQ4 150. I just got rid of my chiropractor.

stngoldberg

I’m in The same position..shut out by Phase One’s open system!
If Sony 150 MPs does reduce the color shift on “tech lenses.” I may crawl back to Hasselblad.
I left them because they didn’t have an internal battery for their back; but I assume they would allow me to return.
Stanley

tjv

Leica cameras are in a completely different price league, I.e much less.

Leica seem to do ok in a luxury/exclusive/high end market and they don't have a successful software company in their portfolio so i wouldn’t write off P1 just yet.

Steve Hendrix

Leica cameras are in a completely different price league, I.e much less.

The lenses are about the same price actually, the body is less, but then again, it is 44mm x 33mm, not 54mm x 40mm. Compared to the 44mm x 33mm 50mp product, Phase One is about the same price, or a bit less than the Leica S line.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Jeffrey

I'm most interested in reading the test session results and viewing the images from the new back. Brad at CI will run the new gear through every possible combination and tell us what is going on.

As for me, I'll test drive the new backs and then make a decision about purchasing the new back.

I'm very happy with my IQ3-100 back mounted to my Cambo WRS-5000 body. A great combo that has produced fantastic results for me, an amateur, who just plain likes to shoot tech cameras and chasing light.

dave.gt

I'm most interested in reading the test session results and viewing the images from the new back. Brad at CI will run the new gear through every possible combination and tell us what is going on.

As for me, I'll test drive the new backs and then make a decision about purchasing the new back.

I'm very happy with my IQ3-100 back mounted to my Cambo WRS-5000 body. A great combo that has produced fantastic results for me, an amateur, who just plain likes to shoot tech cameras and chasing light.
And this...^^^... happens to be the spirit and attitude of a man who is happy and enjoying his passion of Photography. Jeffrey, this is so refreshing! May your joy of life be infectious, life is too short to be otherwise.:thumbs: