The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CI First Take on Phase One IQ4 150 Announcement

Jamgolf

Its another another feather in Phase One's cap, another step ahead in image quality, and another milestone for medium format digital.

Something to celebrate :clap:

Last edited:

Pemihan

Hi Steve,

Does the prices stated on your website include XF and 80mm or is it the backs alone?

Peter

algrove

Glad to see they have dual card slots for the first time. But can you write to both simultaneously? If not, then its like before.

Focus Peaking for tech cam users sounds great.

Steve Hendrix

Hi Steve,

Does the prices stated on your website include XF and 80mm or is it the backs alone?

Peter

Hi Peter, the prices indicated are for digital back only. We will add the kit pricing shortly. And importantly, for upgrading, it would be best to contact your dealer directly, because of the many different options.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Steve Hendrix

Glad to see they have dual card slots for the first time. But can you write to both simultaneously? If not, then its like before.

Focus Peaking for tech cam users sounds great.

I am cautiously optimistic dual writing will be in play at some point, but not at time of launch, as I understand. However, simultaneous shoot to computer and shoot to card is a real thing from the get go.

Steve Hendrix/CI

stngoldberg

Steve question,
Will the new IQ4 150 back allow me to successfully use my H5X camera that CI sold me to use with the IQ1 100 MP back I purchased from you guys
I would consider trading up if the new features on the IQ4 lend themselves to less color cast issues on my Tech Cam, but not at the expense of losing the use of my Hasselblad lenses on the H5X.
Stanley

Steve Hendrix

Steve question,
Will the new IQ4 150 back allow me to successfully use my H5X camera that CI sold me to use with the IQ1 100 MP back I purchased from you guys
I would consider trading up if the new features on the IQ4 lend themselves to less color cast issues on my Tech Cam, but not at the expense of losing the use of my Hasselblad lenses on the H5X.
Stanley

Hi Stanley -

Support for Hasselblad H will meet the end of the road with the IQ3 100. There is no planned Hasselblad support for IQ3 100 Trichromatic going forward through IQ4 and beyond. We expected this to be a possibility at some point. I think it is unfortunate because I know there are Phase One/Hasselblad hybrid owners who would continue with the Phase One product line. Some will choose to move to Phase One complete system, some may switch to Hasselblad. But those are the facts on the ground.

Steve Hendrix/CI

stngoldberg

Hi Stanley -

Support for Hasselblad H will meet the end of the road with the IQ3 100. There is no planned Hasselblad support for IQ3 100 Trichromatic going forward through IQ4 and beyond. We expected this to be a possibility at some point. I think it is unfortunate because I know there are Phase One/Hasselblad hybrid owners who would continue with the Phase One product line. Some will choose to move to Phase One complete system, some may switch to Hasselblad. But those are the facts on the ground.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Lot of if’s here for me!
If the BSI sensor yields an advantage for tech cameras...I would consider upgrading
However combining the cost of replacing all of my Hasselblad lenses, plus the cost of the upgrade makes no economic sense to me
On the other hand, Hasselblad has never been Tech camera friendly...the last time I looked the Hasselblad back did not contain an internal battery
The folks at CI have been very good to me, but Phase One is closing their door on me
On the other hand, I’m getting fairly good results with the hybrid system that I have
Or maybe i’ll just take less pictures and play more Golf
Stanley

Abstraction

Doug

Curious wouldn’t touch what? And for what reasons?

And price is not a reason.

And don’t tell me the D850 gives the same IQ or close.
Why isn't price a reason? We judge value against the price. Doug may not see the value based on the price. I don't see anything wrong with that.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Why isn't price a reason? We judge value against the price. Doug may not see the value based on the price. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Unfortunately Doug has myopic vision that doesn't seem to see beyond his Nikon. Yup, definitely myopic.

Btw, nobody doubts the qualities of the D850 (arguably the best DSLR on the planet these days) BUT there are a lot of folks who really don't care. Not a bit. In fact, they tire of hearing about Doug's Nikon choice again, and again, and again, and again ... just saying.

As regards the new IQ4 series. Well, I'm impressed. I'm not sure that it'll stop me from buying a new sports car (this is the discretionary purchase I'm looking at again this year) but I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how well it performs, plus secretly hoping some IQ260 or IQ3100 achromatic owners sell in order to get the new beasts.