The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Open Letter to Dante :)

dave.gt

In our physical world, the changing of seasons and the promises of the coming day are seemingly unchangeable, short of a catastrophic event, in which case all will change, even cease to exist. Even the one who goes by the name of Dante. Yes, I am speaking of you, the great tempter.:)

The necessities of life are many it seems, more than food, shelter and clothing. The needs of humans, and most likely our furry friends who become our faithful companions are great. It is a hard thing in life for us to individually balance the limited resources we have, including our health, to provide for our own interpretation of "quality of life". Forget the difficulties of our individual uniqueness, the worst part is living together on this blue marble spinning around our part of the universe at speed. We just can't seem to get along, can we? Is that your doing?

The very same seasons that we look forward to are about to change again, this time for Autumn. And with seasons changing we do things associated with them like harvesting our fields of labor, enjoying a brief respite, celebrating our lives and the beautiful world around us.

Photographers are a breed quite different from others in some respects. We attempt to capture moments of time and beauty for many reasons. At the highest level, we do so to remind us of our humanity, our love of this world, and of our acknowledgment that all is impermanent and fleeting. We even spend vast amounts of money to buy massively expensive systems to capture images of the important things in our lives. Huge annual events such as photo expos worldwide cater to our needs and wants.

You laugh at us because we expend so much of ourselves and our resources to be a part of these interests of ours. But, you are mistaken for believing you are causing misery and setting us up for eternal damnation with you. :)

The truth is, universally, there is nothing greater than love. While it is true that the purchase of material things is a temptation, it is not different than the other things in our lives. We have made our lives complicated beyond our wildest imaginations with complex societies and financial structures. But at the base of it all, we found the ultimate use of our material desire for expensive photographic instruments. We share our love of life and gratitude with others by sharing the images of beauty in this temporary stomping grounds we call life.:)

We share our love for each other in our bonds of family, friends and those who are less fortunate. Even I have found the gift of giving by succumbing to the siren call of Medium Format, which is currently my chosen system for sharing the inspirational stories of survivors of strokes, trauma and disease. The love of giving is a win-win proposition between us humans. You are excluded, though.

Thank you for all you have done over the ages in regard to assisting us in finding our way through the confusion of life. Without your temptations I would have not believed that I could have been a small part in sharing the love of life with wonderful people at a major hospital in my area. Somehow, thanks to your small, misguided, treacherous ways, we have prevailed as individuals through the ages and continue to recognize the glorious light in our environment, and in ourselves. And we manage to capture exquisite images to share with others.

So, as the seasons change, Photokina comes and goes and new offerings of Medium Format and other photographic gear is bought and sold, don't think you are winning because of our quibbles about costs, features, brands and such. That is just the way we humans communicate.

Some of us are even going backwards, using film at times, or exclusively. Others are are going even further back with wet plate and dry plate photography and more!

When all is said and done, the harvest of our fields of life will yield some of the character of who we are in our images. It is good for our soul.

Sorry, Dante!:thumbs:

dave.gt

Today, the first tinge of Autumn has kissed the lone Maple tree in our front yard and the red tips of the leaves signal the changes ahead. For me, this is the most wonderful season of all!:)

It seems to coincide with the Autumn of my life where all of my mis-spent youth ran its course and now, it is time to slow down, breathe, and enjoy the journey. It is humbling to see the changes around me and in the mirror.

Yet, at the same time, I do not wish to be younger again anymore than than I want to re-live the best summer of my life which was last year, and I fondly refer to it as my Mystical Summer when I began working with MFD at the hospital. We were so busy and enjoying the experience that we missed our 46th Anniversary tour of the Great Smoky Mountains.

But it was worth it! There are now many people who have a joy in their hearts because they were given a way to tell their stories of healing through a pro bono project that would not have been successful without Capture Integration. I owe them a lifetime of gratitude for assisting and participating in that highly successful year long project. For those who know CI in Atlanta, you know the individuals who work hard and with professional dedication to serve their customers and the community. Excellence is the standard by which they live their lives each day.

This thread was started because of a re-occurring phenomenon that occurs when new photograpghic equipment is introduced to the world market. That phenomenon is vitriol on forums where it seems that we, the photograpghic community, must endure anger, rants and various attacks on manufactirers and dealers. There is an ongoing thread now in this forum, and ii is a good example of a bad thread, but one that is inevitable. We humans are a curious species, it seems.

The thread you are reading here was started to, hopefully, give some a little break from the attacks on dealers like Phase One dealers. I will not participate in threads like that. As an alternative, I decided to take a higher road, one of self-deprecation, humor, and sarcasm. An open letter to Dante... some of you liked the OP. Thank you for that.

I did something more direct a half dozen years ago in an article that was direct and unforgiving about the Leica haters when a new product was offered. That article was published and of course, changed nothing, as far as I could tell. It is my opinion that forums are a cross-section of our human experience in our cultures around the world. It is common to see hate, anger and vitriol.

What is not so common, is to have a dealer like Capture Integration and the others supporting this forum. They all are a vital part of our community and offer a tremendous value added to the products they sell. Phase One? Absolutely! I would absolutely use their products if I could afford them.

In some small way, I hope this thread, douses some of the flames that I read on this forum because, as Steve Hendrix has said of others, "they are good human beings". That is a phrase that has stuck with me. What can we aspire to that is greater than that?

Phase One dealers are rare. Think about it the next time you are putting together a photo shoot, or need equipment, or simply want to attend their training sessions or photo trips. Think about it if you have a stroke or a severe trauma and spend years in rehabilitation, recovering to the point that you want to share your joy of life and gratefulness to all of your family, friends and healthcare professionals by having a Phase One dealer give you a voice through a pro bono project that required hundreds of manhours and thousands of dollars, if we or others can continue the project of providing Art for Healing.

For me, I am eternally thankful for Phase One dealers.

Last edited:

dave.gt

Thanks for your open letter to Dante Dave.

Will you be able to share some of the stories and the corresponding pictures in one form or the other?
Thanks! Possibly, although the projects we have completed to date were done with the understanding that I would obtain specific approvals from each patient before doing so. It is complicated and personal... and it will be best once the hospital follows through with its own gallery, so until then, it is wise to wait.

Meanwhile, our own story of healing languishes, not for lack of photographic or written material over the last 10 years, but for the emotional content. It is overwhelming, and I completely understand the power of our clients' stories from a similar point of view. That said, I am sure I will complete our own essay in book form after we begin and finish yet another chapter of our struggle in six months.

That reminds me! I don't have an adequate camera for that! :bugeyes:The Studio's H5D-50c will not be in its element around a hospital. <sigh> ...it appears that I will have to address that need while side-stepping Dante. Hmmmm.

BostonBoy

Thanks! Possibly, although the projects we have completed to date were done with the understanding that I would obtain specific approvals from each patient before doing so. It is complicated and personal... and it will be best once the hospital follows through with its own gallery, so until then, it is wise to wait.

Meanwhile, our own story of healing languishes, not for lack of photographic or written material over the last 10 years, but for the emotional content. It is overwhelming, and I completely understand the power of our clients' stories from a similar point of view. That said, I am sure I will complete our own essay in book form after we begin and finish yet another chapter of our struggle in six months.

That reminds me! I don't have an adequate camera for that! :bugeyes:The Studio's H5D-50c will not be in its element around a hospital. <sigh> ...it appears that I will have to address that need while side-stepping Dante. Hmmmm.
Well Dave - your letter certainly referred well to the tag line of the GetDPI medium format forum quoted from Dante's Inferno (there is a good and very detailed Wikipedia Page on the that classic available as well).

Good luck with your very personal project! All the best,

- R

BostonBoy

Well Dave - your letter certainly referred well to the tag line of the GetDPI medium format forum quoted from Dante's Inferno (there is a good and very detailed Wikipedia Page on the that classic available as well).

Good luck with your very personal project! All the best,

- R

young'ee

Hi Dave,

I surely dont want to distract from your thread - it IS very unique and yours.

What I would like to say is that your reference to Capture Integration is in so many ways perfectly echoed by my experience with Capture Integration and in particular, Steve Hendrix.

Without going into great detail about things ......

(partly because it is still ongoing and partly because the powers that be would extract a heavy toll on me if I did, simply because they can abuse thier power if they choose and there is no one to stop them - those who could stop the evil choose to look the other way - such is the world we live in...and as the saying goes, "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"....so very true)

..... I live in Africa. I began a journey of getting back into photography and started buying high end equipment from Capture Integration. This is how I came to know that truly great human, Steve Hendrix. As I was getting a kit together and getting ready to have Steve ship it over to me, a terrible event descended on me. As I said I wont go too far into it other then to say I was falsely arrested, even though never accused of anything, and subsequently thrown into prison, without charge or ever appearing before a court. I was in a maximum security prison designed for 100 men that had over 1500 man jammed into it. It was terrible - as you may imagine. I still suffer ill health to this day from that "event". The prison cell I had the misfortune to be thrown into had 120 men crammed into a cell of 7m x 5.m for 16 hours every day. Not fun. I cant bring myself to even type what I saw on a day to day basis in there.

When I eventually got out and finally got back home and fired up my PC there was an email from Steve...in fact a series of them. The emails culminated in an email from Steve saying how he was on the verge of alerting the FBI to my "disappearance" (I was grabbed by security forces from my home one day out of the blue and swiftly taken away - not to resurface for another 184 days).

Leading up to this (although I never thought in my wildest dreams it would result in what I was forced to endure) There had been a series of "events" that I thought at the time, were relatively minor and I had shared these with Steve as the shipment he was preparing for me had been halted 2 or 3 times during 2014 as result. Then I was grabbed from my home and simply "disappeared" one afternoon. It was as abrupt as that. No heads up, no warning. So of course my correspondence with Steve also abruptly halted.

When I did eventually get home (no small Miracle in itself and quite another story of drama, intrigue, luck and Divine intervention or so it seems) there were Steve's increasingly worried emails.

I put it to you.....how many photographic dealers do you know who take an interest in thier clients well being to the extent they are about to alert the FBI over your disappearance? Talk about ABOVE and BEYOND the call of DUTY !

If Capture Integration had of been scammers they could have disposed of my purchased equipment as unclaimed goods and disposed of them since they had been sitting there for most of 2014 and half way into 2015 before Steve heard from me again.

But it didnt end there.

I thought I was over my troubles and began to buy more gear - some from Steve, some from Private vendors off this forum - Steve very very graciously agreed to allow me to have this gear i bought off this forum sent to him and he would package it all up and sent to me....no charge for this mind you......Where on this earth do you get THAT level of service?

Steve Hendrix is a man of grace and virtue the like I have never come across before in my entire life. He stood by me and supported me while I was attempting to get back on my feet, put the bad experience I had just lived through behind me and get my gear shipped to me so I could get on with life........until the next disaster beset me.

This time, I was setup and falsely accused and thrown back into prison. This time I was charged with what in truth was a false allegation and endured a 2 year criminal trial - that I won! The magistrate threw the case out as there were so many anomalies and strange "facts". This time, now knowing the "System" I managed to get bail and get out of prison.

I kept in close contact with Steve during all this. I now had somewhere around 50K worth of gear sitting with Capture Integration waiting to be sent. Steve very graciously held onto the gear for me. It was far safer to leave all the gear in the US then to bring it into Africa with all this going on.

Steve Hendrix stood by me. He never wavered or at anytime put pressure on me to move my 10 boxes of gear out of the premises of Capture Integration. This went on from 2104, into 2015, on into 2016, carried on into and through 2017 and finally we shipped in 2018.

How many dealers do you think would do all that for you? There is only one I know of.

STEVE HENDRIX and Capture Integration!

Today, I sit enjoying my gear and am attempting to come up to speed with it all - a huge pile of gear arrived quickly.

I can honestly say I have never in my life come across a company like Capture Integration. They are an extraordinary class act of the highest caliber. Steve Hendrix is an extraordinary man of the highest highest order. The level of support, honesty and integrity Steve has displayed above the call of duty is truly remarkable.

Am I surprised to read of your story Dave? Now that I have read it all I am in no way surprised at all that your unique story involves Capture Integration and Steve Hendrix!

We are truly blessed to have the likes of Capture Integration and Steve Hendrix to support us all in our quest to be the best we can in the photographic field.

dave.gt

Hi Dave,

I surely dont want to distract from your thread - it IS very unique and yours.

What I would like to say is that your reference to Capture Integration is in so many ways perfectly echoed by my experience with Capture Integration and in particular, Steve Hendrix.

Without going into great detail about things ......

(partly because it is still ongoing and partly because the powers that be would extract a heavy toll on me if I did, simply because they can abuse thier power if they choose and there is no one to stop them - those who could stop the evil choose to look the other way - such is the world we live in...and as the saying goes, "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"....so very true)

..... I live in Africa. I began a journey of getting back into photography and started buying high end equipment from Capture Integration. This is how I came to know that truly great human, Steve Hendrix. As I was getting a kit together and getting ready to have Steve ship it over to me, a terrible event descended on me. As I said I wont go too far into it other then to say I was falsely arrested, even though never accused of anything, and subsequently thrown into prison, without charge or ever appearing before a court. I was in a maximum security prison designed for 100 men that had over 1500 man jammed into it. It was terrible - as you may imagine. I still suffer ill health to this day from that "event". The prison cell I had the misfortune to be thrown into had 120 men crammed into a cell of 7m x 5.m for 16 hours every day. Not fun. I cant bring myself to even type what I saw on a day to day basis in there.

When I eventually got out and finally got back home and fired up my PC there was an email from Steve...in fact a series of them. The emails culminated in an email from Steve saying how he was on the verge of alerting the FBI to my "disappearance" (I was grabbed by security forces from my home one day out of the blue and swiftly taken away - not to resurface for another 184 days).

Leading up to this (although I never thought in my wildest dreams it would result in what I was forced to endure) There had been a series of "events" that I thought at the time, were relatively minor and I had shared these with Steve as the shipment he was preparing for me had been halted 2 or 3 times during 2014 as result. Then I was grabbed from my home and simply "disappeared" one afternoon. It was as abrupt as that. No heads up, no warning. So of course my correspondence with Steve also abruptly halted.

When I did eventually get home (no small Miracle in itself and quite another story of drama, intrigue, luck and Divine intervention or so it seems) there were Steve's increasingly worried emails.

I put it to you.....how many photographic dealers do you know who take an interest in thier clients well being to the extent they are about to alert the FBI over your disappearance? Talk about ABOVE and BEYOND the call of DUTY !

If Capture Integration had of been scammers they could have disposed of my purchased equipment as unclaimed goods and disposed of them since they had been sitting there for most of 2014 and half way into 2015 before Steve heard from me again.

But it didnt end there.

I thought I was over my troubles and began to buy more gear - some from Steve, some from Private vendors off this forum - Steve very very graciously agreed to allow me to have this gear i bought off this forum sent to him and he would package it all up and sent to me....no charge for this mind you......Where on this earth do you get THAT level of service?

Steve Hendrix is a man of grace and virtue the like I have never come across before in my entire life. He stood by me and supported me while I was attempting to get back on my feet, put the bad experience I had just lived through behind me and get my gear shipped to me so I could get on with life........until the next disaster beset me.

This time, I was setup and falsely accused and thrown back into prison. This time I was charged with what in truth was a false allegation and endured a 2 year criminal trial - that I won! The magistrate threw the case out as there were so many anomalies and strange "facts". This time, now knowing the "System" I managed to get bail and get out of prison.

I kept in close contact with Steve during all this. I now had somewhere around 50K worth of gear sitting with Capture Integration waiting to be sent. Steve very graciously held onto the gear for me. It was far safer to leave all the gear in the US then to bring it into Africa with all this going on.

Steve Hendrix stood by me. He never wavered or at anytime put pressure on me to move my 10 boxes of gear out of the premises of Capture Integration. This went on from 2104, into 2015, on into 2016, carried on into and through 2017 and finally we shipped in 2018.

How many dealers do you think would do all that for you? There is only one I know of.

STEVE HENDRIX and Capture Integration!

Today, I sit enjoying my gear and am attempting to come up to speed with it all - a huge pile of gear arrived quickly.

I can honestly say I have never in my life come across a company like Capture Integration. They are an extraordinary class act of the highest caliber. Steve Hendrix is an extraordinary man of the highest highest order. The level of support, honesty and integrity Steve has displayed above the call of duty is truly remarkable.

Am I surprised to read of your story Dave? Now that I have read it all I am in no way surprised at all that your unique story involves Capture Integration and Steve Hendrix!

We are truly blessed to have the likes of Capture Integration and Steve Hendrix to support us all in our quest to be the best we can in the photographic field.
Whoa! I am stunned to hear of your journey!!! It will take a little time to re-read and absorb your story a bit later. All I can say as I head out the door to take care of business is that I am so happy to hear that you are now safe (I hope from here on!) and back home. The next thing I can say is that you have a wonderful bunch of gear to hopefully provide a bit of therapy as you continue to resolve all the issues that your experience as left you with and I do hope it will be a speedy recovery.

Now, I really did not expect to hear from someone who seemingly visited Dante's temporary abode (prison, not once but twice!) AND escaped intact!! What a miracle it seems.

I must leave now and return later today. For now, I thank you for sharing your story. WOW!!!:bugeyes:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Young’ee - actually nothing about your CI post surprises me. My experience with Steve and Dave Gallagher has taught me that this is a company with values and morals, even in my case to competitive situations where Dave G won my business from my local dealer but still did the right thing to keep everybody whole (my dealer couldn’t match Dave’s offer but I’d ordered a back from him and these guys came to an amicable arrangement anyways)

So sorry to hear of your Africa experience - I’m a colonial child and can easily understand how this c**p happens. We left Nigeria in 1975 to get away from it all, and I know that it only got worse.

Last edited:

young'ee

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your well wishes. Africa is not a place for the weak or the timid. Its brutal here. Only the strong survive. It was quite the ordeal for sure....and of course related to money. I used to have a lucrative business and someone wanted it. They tried to scare me out of the country with a bit of roughing up and some dire conditons. Still here though.......

I didn't want to detract from Dave's thread. To me it was heart warming and so very unique. All I wanted to do was add to the strength of Dave's post - I needed to give some context to the super extraordinary lengths Capture Integration went to for me.

I feel a bit uncomfortable revealing these personnel things about whats happened to me here to the forum, but I feel I owe it to Capture Integration by telling the world how Capture Integration and Steve Hendrix in particular went to extraordinary levels to help, support and stand by me - and all I did was buy a back from them! WOW, just WOW !!

So yes, I feel a bit embarrassed about revealing this, I was almost going to hit the delete button, but I decided feeling a little bit of discomfort is the least I could do to let you all know just how amazing these guys really are. Of course you know they are going to say its nothing and all in a days work...because that's the kind of extraordinary people they are.

But after what I went through and how C.I stood by me, to hear Dave's story gives me a feeling of calm knowing there ARE still some good people in this world, as rough as it gets sometimes.

As someone who was once dear to me said in a final letter to me as they signed off forever,

"Life is Bizarre, Life is Beautiful, Live Life."

I think that's fitting in the context of Daves extraordinary writings........ I dont know about you, but Dave's words leave me feeling touched. And in the sentiment of that moment, I wanted to let the world know about some unsung heroes who move among us, quietly and in an unassuming manner never singing thier own praises. These are REAL MEN among us.

Here's to Capture Integration and Steve Hendrix !!

Here's to Dave for the wonderful thing he has done !!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Young’ee - we should chat off line. My family left in 1975, but my brothers continued in SA and Kenya. It wasn’t a happy life due to affirmative preference in business and education too. I visit on business frequently and understand the politics of such a beautiful, wonderful continent - such a shame.

anyway, :OT: let’s PM.

dave.gt

Oh, I am back.:)

After re-reading you stunning post, young'ee, I can only add that the T-shirt I saw Steve wearing at CI was eye-opening and somewhat beyond my ability to get my head around such incarcerations and brutal treatment. But that was then and now is now.

We are delighted that you have your freedom and will be able to join in with discussions and images! I hope camera therapy will be as good for you as it has been for us!

Great folks here on this forum. I want to welcome you here and may you enjoy this community as much we do!:):):)

Last edited:

young'ee

Hi Dave,

I want to thank YOU for the work you have been doing. It sounds like you gave some others a chance to be able to reflect and feel better about things. No small thing in this age of the only thing of value is fast, young and shiny bling.

So you saw THE T-shirt. Amazing bunch of guys hey.....honestly, what can I say other then I am left humbled. It sure makes me look at myself and understand I have alot of work to do to raise my standards - not that I will ever come anywhere close to these guys but they are surely a good role model.

I only posted the sanitized version here. Its way too graphic and.....depressing to narrate it all. Not that most would want to read it anyway and surely not on a Camera/Photography forum. Its not over yet by a long stretch.

In the mean time my toys have arrived (some still coming). So busy messing around with things and trying to get up to speed. Mind you I am a glutton for punishment having bought 5 camera systems and about to add 1 more. I am interested in the lens families....The RZ line, The Hasselblad FE lenses, Fuji GX680 lenses and the Schneider Rollei lenses. The bodies are only needed in order to use the lenses, which is to say I have little to no interest in the bodies, its the lenses I love. The FPS is wonderful because I can adapt so many lenses to different backs. I've taken a deep dive into Pentax 67 glass to use on the FPS for example. Its a smorgasbord board of digital! I come to this party very late indeed. I bought my first Digital back in 2014 (and of course never got to use it) so a long long way to go to get up to speed. My little "adventures" slowed me down a bit for sure.

Whether I will ever achieve it or not I dont know, but my goal is to self publish a book on "Waterfalls and Wildflowers of *******"

No. I'm not full of myself. I used to be a full time photographer in the 80's/90's, so know what I can/cannot do. All the best high end gear in the world does not make a photographer or great work. I get that. But its also true that practice practice practice and dedication combined with a dollop of sheer hard work can get you a long ways towards any goal. Its never giving in that seems to be the separator between those who achieve and those who dont.

Seems to me that this forum is full of the brightest minds when it comes to Higher end digital, so I read as much as i can here.

Your post was inspiring to me.

dave.gt

Hi Dave,

I want to thank YOU for the work you have been doing. It sounds like you gave some others a chance to be able to reflect and feel better about things. No small thing in this age of the only thing of value is fast, young and shiny bling.

So you saw THE T-shirt. Amazing bunch of guys hey.....honestly, what can I say other then I am left humbled. It sure makes me look at myself and understand I have alot of work to do to raise my standards - not that I will ever come anywhere close to these guys but they are surely a good role model.

I only posted the sanitized version here. Its way too graphic and.....depressing to narrate it all. Not that most would want to read it anyway and surely not on a Camera/Photography forum. Its not over yet by a long stretch.

In the mean time my toys have arrived (some still coming). So busy messing around with things and trying to get up to speed. Mind you I am a glutton for punishment having bought 5 camera systems and about to add 1 more. I am interested in the lens families....The RZ line, The Hasselblad FE lenses, Fuji GX680 lenses and the Schneider Rollei lenses. The bodies are only needed in order to use the lenses, which is to say I have little to no interest in the bodies, its the lenses I love. The FPS is wonderful because I can adapt so many lenses to different backs. I've taken a deep dive into Pentax 67 glass to use on the FPS for example. Its a smorgasbord board of digital! I come to this party very late indeed. I bought my first Digital back in 2014 (and of course never got to use it) so a long long way to go to get up to speed. My little "adventures" slowed me down a bit for sure.

Whether I will ever achieve it or not I dont know, but my goal is to self publish a book on "Waterfalls and Wildflowers of *******"

No. I'm not full of myself. I used to be a full time photographer in the 80's/90's, so know what I can/cannot do. All the best high end gear in the world does not make a photographer or great work. I get that. But its also true that practice practice practice and dedication combined with a dollop of sheer hard work can get you a long ways towards any goal. Its never giving in that seems to be the separator between those who achieve and those who dont.

Seems to me that this forum is full of the brightest minds when it comes to Higher end digital, so I read as much as i can here.

Your post was inspiring to me.
Thank you for the kind words. We have discovered the gift of giving, and nothing makes me happier.:)

You are absolutely correct, this forum has wonderful people, and we should all get to know each other better. Good people sometimes seem hard to find in these crazy times. They are with us, always, even though we may have difficulty in seeing them. Then, just one look at the images posted on this forum and one realizes the treasure, there for our enjoyment.

Life is sweet and precious. Is it any wonder that we all enjoy seeing the beautiful images here? Dante, in is misguided way, sure seems to provide a bit of fun in our love of cameras and gear. It is up to us to turn that fun into joy for others and, likewise, ourselves.

So,yes!!! By all means, publish that book! Keep your eyes on the prize and show us what you have already envisioned as we are really interested in the direction you are going, which is inspirational to all of us!:thumbup:

Steve Hendrix

View attachment 136074
Oh, I am back.:)

After re-reading you stunning post, young'ee, I can only add that the T-shirt I saw Steve wearing at CI was eye-opening and somewhat beyond my ability to get my head around such incarcerations and brutal treatment. But that was then and now is now.

We are delighted to have your freedom and be able to join in with discussions and images! I hope camera therapy will be as good for you as it has been for us!

Great folks here on this forum. I want to welcome you here and may you enjoy this community as much we do!:):):)

Yes, Dave, now you know (some of) the rest of the story! This would be a good one for Paul Harvey - remember him?

When Youngee told me of the (finally!) imminent clearing of his name, I bought Free _____ ______ T Shirts for the staff and we celebrated with a champagne lunch. A client actually walked in and asked if _____ ______ was in one of the boxes while we were taking this picture, and my head jerked around. I was like, how does he know about .... then I realized it was right there on my shirt.

Steve Hendrix/CI

_R6A4649.jpg

young'ee

Hey Steve,

Glad you got to this thread. Now thats a picture I am going to frame and cherish forever!

The day you sent me photos of those tee shirts.....I'll admit my eyes watered up. Being a man I know I am not supposed to admit to that. But its true. It was truly heart warming and humbling.

Thank you my friends at Capture Integration. !

Steve Hendrix

Hey Steve,

Glad you got to this thread. Now thats a picture I am going to frame and cherish forever!

The day you sent me photos of those tee shirts.....I'll admit my eyes watered up. Being a man I know I am not supposed to admit to that. But its true. It was truly heart warming and humbling.

Thank you my friends at Capture Integration. !

I'll send you the non-edited version!

:)

Steve Hendrix/CI