The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FINALLY a Hasselblad X1D cable release

PedroL

I was tired waiting for Hasselblad to come out with a cable release for X1D camera, so after a year of trial and error we came up with a perfectly functioning simple cable release solution. It works as a cable release and as a connecting cable for SEITZ VR Drive II. As a panoramic photographer I found it especially frustrating as I could not use my X1D with my fully automated Roundshot VR Drive II.
I am not ready to post the details, but give me a on my cell 561 289 0899 for more info.
Peter

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Let us know how it works in the long run (ie longer than 4 days)

As you are probably are aware, several others on the X1D Facebook group showed videos of the exact same solution previously and were quickly drowned out by others chiming in about how the sky would fall and ruin the camera, with Hasselblad reps themselves chiming in on how it’s not approved and will void the warranty

PedroL

Let us know how it works in the long run (ie longer than 4 days)

As you are probably are aware, several others on the X1D Facebook group showed videos of the exact same solution previously and were quickly drowned out by others chiming in about how the sky would fall and ruin the camera, with Hasselblad reps themselves chiming in on how it’s not approved and will void the warranty
I am really not aware exactly what was there (except a radio controlled unit), but I know that Hasselblad had similar solution in mind and never followed up, whatever the reason. We did try this gizmo practically from desperation as nothing else worked. It was a question of spending $5.00 and try it. In my experience if unit would to fry the camera, it would already happened after about 400 clicks, taken with VR drive as well as myself with a pushbutton. And as I mentioned, my camera is out of warranty, nothing to loose, all to gain. I have maybe 200 VR drive users, many of them shooting X1D, but can not take panos with X1D. And many more worldwide. The release cable was a must for me.