The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 50R Leak

tcdeveau

I probably need to spend less time on the rumor sites but the camera geek in me is just too excited about all the new things coming.

Here’s supposedly the first leaked image of the GFX 50R:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-gfx-50-r-first-image-leaked/

Doesn’t really show a whole lot and no other info so far from what I can tell other than what is already rumored. Basically supposed to be a rangefinder style GFX at a cheaper price point than the GFX-50S, and to be announced at some point later next month.

:watch:

narikin

Yup, pretty clear this was coming. I googled it recently and found someone talking about it in a video in January!

Same old 50mp sensor but in a new Fuji RF body. EVF only, not hybrid. Someone told me it has IBIS, but no idea if that is true or that's the 100mp GFX. Is this fixed lens like the old film Fuji MF rangefinders, or will it use the existing lens mount?

The 100mp GFX-100 will be here in early 2019, I'd love to see a GFX 100R at the same time, but doubt it. 50Mp is too little for what I do, but I'm extremely happy to see digital MF now in a rangefinder body style.

narikin

One thing I'm not understanding is how this differs from a regular GFX - simply the body shape?

Same sensor, both have EVF, looks like same lens mount/ range. So... is it the exact same thing in a smaller package, or ?

Maybe there's something else in there like IBIS, but I can't believe it would be in the cheaper body and not the GFX itself.
All will be clear is a week or two I suppose.

tcdeveau

One thing I'm not understanding is how this differs from a regular GFX - simply the body shape?

Same sensor, both have EVF, looks like same lens mount/ range. So... is it the exact same thing in a smaller package, or ?

Maybe there's something else in there like IBIS, but I can't believe it would be in the cheaper body and not the GFX itself.
All will be clear is a week or two I suppose.
I’m thinking GFX in an X-Pro (minus hybrid finder) or X-E3 like package, maybe minus a few features if it’s supposed to be cheaper. I got a X-E3 recently because it can do what I’d need out of X-T2 or X-Pro 2 but at a lower price point, so I’m thinking an X-E3 variant of the GFX. We’ll find out soon enough!

PeterA

My order is in - form factor of XID - as good glass no leaf shutter fantastic walk around snap shooter.

biglouis

Looks interesting. I think Fuji are on a roll and are easily able to counter the new mirrorless cameras from Nikon and the forthcoming camera from Canon. There is also a rumour that Panasonic are about to introduce a FF mirrorless camera.

LouisB

RobbieAB

Looks interesting. I think Fuji are on a roll and are easily able to counter the new mirrorless cameras from Nikon and the forthcoming camera from Canon. There is also a rumour that Panasonic are about to introduce a FF mirrorless camera.

LouisB
The Canon? yes.

The Nikon maybe not so easily, if the new Nikon lenses are as good as the published specs suggest.

DB5

Brilliant. Very clever.

It's their cheaper entry level model and raises the GFX higher.

But it mirrors and probably bests the X1D.

Touche. Your move Hasselblad.

Arjuna

I think that the distinction is only an EVF, like the (rangefinder-like) X-E3, rather than a hybrid OVF/EVF, like the X-Pro2.

JeRuFo