The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 50R Leak

V

Vivek

I am more concerned about the shutter (rather large compared to the size of the camera) than the sensor.

iiiNelson

Looks good and I’m glad they are allowing the screen to tilt in their “rangefinder” style body. If it’s anything like the existing GFX in ergonomics/operation, then Fuji will have a real winner on their hands.

iiiNelson

It was a good quick review, although I have to say I was surprised to hear him say a 42MP 36x24 sensor has comparable image quality as a 51MP 44x33 sensor. MP aside, the size advantage is 1.7x.
I think he’s going off the A7RII vs. Hasselblad image print test at 40” x 30” that they did on TheCameraStoreTV a year or two ago. Comparable image quality is always “relative” to the eyes of the beholder. Some can see the difference and others don’t know the difference between iPhone portrait mode and an 85/1.2 on a FF camera.

Paul2660

Good looking camera, to me a bit weak on the grip, but very similar to X-Pro2 in looks, just bigger. Very glad to see rear LCD does at least tilt.

Paul C

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have to say that I like this camera a lot. Its simplicity reminds me of the old Texas Leicas, the Fuji GW670/680/690. It takes photography to its purest form, and the price isn't higher than many enthusiasts can afford. The "rangefinder shape" is also very practical for travel, since it's flat and compact, taking up minimal space in the bag.

I won't count this camera out from future considerations, as a supplement to my m4/3 system.

danlindberg

To me, the single most interesting fact about the new Fuji is the flat front. This is a huge positive and I am hoping dearly that Alpa can make an adapter close enough to enable this as a regular 'back' for their traditional cameras. In other words, I am hoping there is possibility to use the MAX and Rodie 32HR with movements. Wow!

Paul2660

I gotta say, that is an interesting looking camera. Not what I expected.

Hopefully they gave it the same LCD, for movement.

Paul C

vjbelle

To me, the single most interesting fact about the new Fuji is the flat front. This is a huge positive and I am hoping dearly that Alpa can make an adapter close enough to enable this as a regular 'back' for their traditional cameras. In other words, I am hoping there is possibility to use the MAX and Rodie 32HR with movements. Wow!
I can't imagine the flange distance changing from the 50s. The lenses were all designed around the depth of (27mm) which means it would be impossible for the wide tech lenses to work. My 60XL just barely works with only 5mm movements and only in one direction at a time. Anything else wider requires a flange distance shorter than 27mm to reach infinity.

Victor

4season

I have to say that I like this camera a lot. Its simplicity reminds me of the old Texas Leicas, the Fuji GW670/680/690. It takes photography to its purest form, and the price isn't higher than many enthusiasts can afford. The "rangefinder shape" is also very practical for travel, since it's flat and compact, taking up minimal space in the bag.

I won't count this camera out from future considerations, as a supplement to my m4/3 system.
My thoughts exactly, plus I can also use it with my legacy Kiev/Pentacon, Hasselblad and Bronica glass.