The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mediumformat.com

vjbelle

I understand publishing and media, but that is not what this thread is about.

The Leica S is the first MF system that I ever considered taking into the field. Anyone who has used this system will agree, there are are no better lenses for any camera system available at this time. Mega pixels matter but there is another factor. Be there, camera ready...
Although dated I think this is worth a look (circa 2015).
i used an 006, S70, S100, CS 120 and S180 untethered, monopod.
when I saw the images I was amazed.

MF is an amazing platform, who knows if it is for you? Maybe a DSLR is your cup of tea. The photo hardware landscape will change very quickly, good,bad. I don't know. The results are amazing.

https://issuu.com/dailyfrontrow/docs/dailysummer_07142015
cover and pages 54-71

To each their own.
Giorgio Niro
:wtf:

hcubell

After checking out the site and reading through the thread a couple of things came to mind.

I also wonder if Ming has too much of a Hasselblad bias, but I guess it depends on what other writers and contributors get involved.
:)
Don’t worry about Ming. Nary a mention of Hasselblad in his column. (This could explain why he no longer works for Hasselblad.) On the other hand, there is a very lengthy interview with someone who goes by the name of Fuji Billy. No need to speculate about his bias. The other articles are also paeans to Fuji, so don’t hesitate, it’s safe to jump in. :ROTFL:

PeterA

Don’t worry about Ming. Nary a mention of Hasselblad in his column. (This could explain why he no longer works for Hasselblad.) On the other hand, there is a very lengthy interview with someone who goes by the name of Fuji Billy. No need to speculate about his bias. The other articles are also paeans to Fuji, so don’t hesitate, it’s safe to jump in. :ROTFL:
I enjoy reading biased commentary about stuff I have made up my own mind about buying and using - it provides a form of decision validation that soothes the mind and is free!

The fuji Guys Youtube chanel is interesting forpeople interested in Fuji stuff.

Of course Fuji stuff is a lot less expensive than Hasselblad and Phase One and Alpa stuff - I know because I've owned and shot with it all. I've decided to buy cheap stuff from now on - because I am a cheap stuff kind of guy.

Middle finger up to Dante's Inferno I say !:ROTFL::ROTFL: