The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New XCD Lenses - 65, 80, 135 XCD

tcdeveau

The 65mm, 80mm, and 135mm XCD lenses are announced and are available for preorder now:

https://store.hasselblad.com/

The 65mm is a 2.8 and is $2750 USD

The 135mm is a 2.8 and is $4050 USD without 1.7x TC or $4845 with the 1.7x TC

Last, the 80mm is a f1.9 and comes in at $4845 USD

preorder now and shipping in December 2018

sadly no 35-75mm zoom yet

Godfrey

The 65mm, 80mm, and 135mm XCD lenses are announced and are available for preorder now:

Ah, those lenses look very nice.
I have no interest whatever in a 35-75mm zoom.

G

DB5

The X1D is listed as discontinued and out of stock in a lot of places, including their own online shop and there is no talk of future bodies???

They finally talk about delivering some lenses they announced long ago and should have delivered months ago. 80 1.9 is OK, but disappointing when the Fuji is suppose to be 1.4. Fastest ever lens! by .1 of an f stop.

And where the hell is the zoom???

Why would anyone pre-order? Their track record for pre-ordering is terrible, they should call it - "pre-ordeal" because what an ordeal it is!

Go look at the Panasonic launch - that's how you launch a camera.

dancook

I am considering the 80mm 1.9 to replace the 90mm 3.2

If shutter is quieter, AF perhaps faster? and everything else seems good. Been shooting live music lately, not had any problems - ISO 3200 looks great, but always nice to have the option to go wider.

I look forward to seeing more samples, can't be in any rush to buy though.

tcdeveau

I was hoping the zoom would materialize, if only to lighten my kit on occasions when I don't want to pack 2-3 primes. Oh well, I'll just pop more popcorn. :ROTFL:

Joe
Same here. Was most likely planning to sell my 30 and 45 in favor of the zoom but now...who knows.

I’ve preordered the 65mm for now because I’ve been wanting something in between the 45mm and 90mm.

Glad to see the 80mm and 135, but I’ll have to wait on those, if at all
-Todd

DB5

Fuji "We have 100MP BSI with PDAF and Capture One and a entry level 50MP Medium Format rangefinder and some new lenses"
Hasselblad..."um....here is a re-announcement of an old lens we already announced a year ago! no not that one, that one's not ready and we won't even acknowledge it"

JeRuFo

This completes the lens line up nicely. I think everybody understands that Hasselblad can't be quite as fast as Fuji in bringing new stuff to market and in people's hands, but they really should evaluate their marketing strategy. Nobody is going to buy a camera and lenses that don't exist anyway, so all these missed deadlines help nobody.

These are all really important lenses in the line up for me. The jpg samples of the 80mm look very promising. Exactly the kind of rendering I like, soft but high resolution. The samples on the other two don't tell me much except that the 65 might have a lot of CA.

tcdeveau

I'm just happy to see more XCD lenses materialize. The 65mm is already listed as "out of stock" so I guess I'm glad I got my order in.

DB5

This is childish and doesn't add anything to the thread. Trolls hang out on other forums, not GetDPI.

Personally, I'm happy to see Fuji set the bar high on features and break the long-standing practice at Phase One of not offering Capture One to other medium format camera makers. It's good for the industry and for the future of medium format. And I'm looking forward to more to come from Fuji, Hasselblad and Leica.

Joe
Lighten up will ya?

JeRuFo

To save you some time he talks about the lens on and off between 6 and 8 minutes into the video.

But it is good news, that means that (very close to) production ready lenses already exist and now they only have to get production going.

Godfrey

Anyone know shutter sound levels, particularly for the 80? compared to 30/90
With all due respect, how could anyone know shutter sound level if the lenses haven't been delivered yet? That's just a little premature, don't you think?

JeRuFo

With all due respect, how could anyone know shutter sound level if the lenses haven't been delivered yet? That's just a little premature, don't you think?
As it turned out no, it wasn't. But I would have guessed differently too.

DB5

No, I won't "lighten up". You persist in trolling a thread that could be a serious discussion about the lenses that Hasselblad has "re-announced". We already know that Hasselblad is tiny compared to Fuji and most of the other camera makers. And we know that their delivery promises have been questionable at best. The fact remains that the XCD lenses that are in the hands of X1D users are stellar and some of us anxiously await the additions to the lens lineup.

Your sarcastic posts don't add anything to the thread and detract from its value. I'm not gonna "lighten up" or go away.

Joe
Oh Look out, the Serious Discussion Police and Thread Value Assessor is here! :watch:

I'm detracting from the value of the thread? :ROTFL: Who even says that? Do you understand the concept of people being different? Having different opinions, and different ideas of value? That's what people express on public internet forums; not just what you want.

msadat

overall very impressive that through all these changes they have survived and are rolling out great stuff. i have all the lenses so far and will order the next three from bh when they open. i am not a fan of extenders so not getting one

jduncan

The X1D is listed as discontinued and out of stock in a lot of places, including their own online shop and there is no talk of future bodies???.

Hi,

Could you provide a link to the Hasselblad's website where it lists the X1D as discontinued?
I have seen this affirmation before, I asked for a link and did not get any.
It will be a very important fact.

Best regards,

DB5

Hi,

Could you provide a link to the Hasselblad's website where it lists the X1D as discontinued?
I have seen this affirmation before, I asked for a link and did not get any.
It will be a very important fact.

Best regards,
It's listed as out of stock or discontinued in a few places I have seen.

Hasselblad Online Store has all X1D, 4116 and Field Kits marked as "Out of Stock"
Kamera Express in Netherlands, the one with the high discount was listing the camera as "Discontinued"
As did this Australian Camera Store - https://crkphotoimaging.com.au (now it's removed entirely)