The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is it true? Fuji GFX Capture One support?

DB5

WHAT????? :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

That sounds pretty damning for Hasselblad. You snooze you loose.

Fuji is on top of the game 100MP IBIS and Capture One on it's way. If this is true (and it seems too good to be true) then I'm selling up my Hasselblad H and Phase One back and i'm buying a Fuji GFX 100.

Decision made.

ejpeiker

WHAT????? :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

That sounds pretty damning for Hasselblad. You snooze you loose.

Fuji is on top of the game 100MP IBIS and Capture One on it's way. If this is true (and it seems too good to be true) then I'm selling up my Hasselblad H and Phase One back and i'm buying a Fuji GFX 100.

Decision made.
It's true Fuji and the CEO of Phase were on the stage together making the announcement.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
That's right: C1 now supports Fuji GFX.

I'm wondering what Fuji had to promise in order to get P1 to change a 15 year policy. P1 definitely would not have done this solely for the additional C1 license money.

Regardless of the business / behind-the-scenes thing, this is clearly great news for Fuji GFX owners; welcome to the club!

If you're a Fuji owner looking to learn C1 I'd suggest the free P1 YouTube channel which has both videos and webinar recordings. If you're looking to go deeper than that I'd shamelessly suggest our C1 Masters classes. We should have class date/times posted for LA, NYC, Texas by the end of the week, email me at [email protected] if you want us to come to your (US) city.

ejpeiker

That's right: C1 now supports Fuji GFX.

I'm wondering what Fuji had to promise in order to get P1 to change a 15 year policy. P1 definitely would not have done this solely for the additional C1 license money.

Regardless of the business / behind-the-scenes thing, this is clearly great news for Fuji GFX owners; welcome to the club!

If you're a Fuji owner looking to learn C1 I'd suggest the free P1 YouTube channel which has both videos and webinar recordings. If you're looking to go deeper than that I'd shamelessly suggest our C1 Masters classes. We should have class date/times posted for LA, NYC, Texas by the end of the week, email me at [email protected] if you want us to come to your (US) city.
In my mind I think it's pretty simple. Since P1 no longer offers a cropped medium foramt sensor (outside of the aerial/surveillance) business, it's no longer direct competition...

ejpeiker

BTW - the update to 11.3 which supports the GFX is already available for download. It also includes lens support for all of the available GFX lenses

DB5

I will guess that Phase One did it to finish off Hasselblad who is really their only direct competition in full frame 645.

Ouch.

iiiNelson

In my mind I think it's pretty simple. Since P1 no longer offers a cropped medium foramt sensor (outside of the aerial/surveillance) business, it's no longer direct competition...
I agree that it’s a no brainer and with P1 going even further upmarket it would seem software sales could cut into Adobe sales for those that either don’t want the subscription (like myself) or those that just don’t want to continue within the Adobe ecosystem (also like myself).Probably is something that should’ve been done YEARS ago but I digress. Better to get it right eventually than never at all.

Also there are Phase One customers that have a Fuji GFX for their backup camera since being able to afford two identical Phase One bodies is often not cost effective... then there’s the more rugged nature and the advertised weather sealing of the Fuji.

MrSmith

great news. MFD is now back on my radar to stick on the end of my cambo. though the only thing that will actually make me switch back is how the cover glass affects highlight edge sensor blooming. i shoot a lot of shiny things and i get halos along metal edges with a small loss of saturation/definition which i presume is light bouncing back inside the cover glass, i can deal with it in post but it would be nice to see if the bigger sony sensors do not behave in the same way as their 35mm sensors.
the 100mp is nice but its not the deal breaker for me, a little bit of cropping leeway and less post work is.

i think this will impact H/Blad more than P1.

kdphotography

Don't be such a Debbie Downer. This is a huge change for Phase One to offer Capture One Support to Fuji, and obviously in a working relationship between the Phase One and Fuji. The upcoming Fuji GFX100S is still a crop sensor, which Phase One has announced they are staying with full frame sensors. I don't see a reason why the new Fuji "cropped" medium format sensor wouldn't receive Capture One support. Phase One would obviously profit from the software licensing.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I joked earlier that the GFX, X1D, and Leica S were no longer competition for P1 and that C1 support would follow.

One down.... :cool:

Matt