The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Masters Book any good

etrump

Considering the Hasselblad Masters book. Has anyone seen these and are they worth the $100. There is no details about the size or pages but it’s always inspiring to see top quality work in all genres.

JeRuFo

I have seen a few. They are not too big, but a nice size. I'd guess around 14" high? They ar quite thick, like most of these collection books. If they are worth your money is ofcourse down to how easily you spend it. I personally don't really care for full bleed photos or even spread over 2, especially in a normal bound book like this which will not lay totally flat. It is a little too in-your-face for me. I'm not a big fan of the format anyway and would rather buy one or two books made by one photographer, they just feel more precious to me. This feels more like a really fancy magazine. YMMV

I won one last year and I did enjoy it. Full of fantastic photos, but I would not have bought it. Historically, I have never bought a photography table book anyway so that probably says everything.