The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus LiveView Bug ?

gmfotografie

Hello guys,

can you tell me why i cannot see a Exposure Simulation while changing the exposure time in the Live Video Mode on Phocus ?
(like on the back of x1d)

When I set the ISO I can see that the picture will get brighter or darker as i change the ISO - logical!

But this will not function by changing the Exposure time?!

THX

bdp

Hi,

I'm not sure if the tethered live video is meant to act as an exposure simulation, more of a composition aid. I use it every day and have noticed changing the shutter speed from the camera control tab doesn't seem to affect the exposure, although I think it used to, below a certain value. Changing the aperture does, as does the exposure slider, curves, ISO etc. I think there is some sort of automatic exposure going on that alters the fps/refresh rate, even when the auto exposure box is not ticked. When auto exposure is ticked I think that enables the ISO to be changed automatically to obtain a bright exposure.

However there are definitely bugs, the most annoying of which is if you use an overlay for composition in portrait orientation. When live view is on the overlay shrinks by about 25%. Live video also ignores the camera orientation you have set in the camera, and defaults to auto. This is annoying for overhead angles because it assumes a landscape, whereas I mostly shoot portrait orientation.

Ben

gmfotografie

Thxs .... I still hope that after the deal C1 and Fuji, Hasselblad and DJI spend money for improving this software.
Absolute great cameras but the software needs an update!

bdp

I agree. It does almost everything I need it to do really well, especially pleasing colours with very little effort. However it does need an update, and I have heard hints that there is one in the pipeline. I am hoping for Phocus 4.0 when the X2D is released, whenever that might be.

Ben