The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX-50R Bundle Deals

msadat

i am not sure it is as easy as that. on the x1d only newer h lenses with firmware 19 or above work in af (non of mine), but i am hopeful

I tried it with my 100 2.2 and all the other functions work, LS, aperture, maybe just a bit of time before they turn on AF? All the connections are there :)

atanabe

i am not sure it is as easy as that. on the x1d only newer h lenses with firmware 19 or above work in af (non of mine), but i am hopeful
On the Hasselblad X1D you need to have firmware v18 or above in order to update it to v19. Older lenses cannot get v18 so they are out of luck. The Fuji adapter did not promise AF from the beginning, but you do get to use the leaf shutter for high speed sync up to 1/800. On the Leica S, AF and leaf shutter are available with the S-H adapter so there is hope.

sog1927

On the Hasselblad X1D you need to have firmware v18 or above in order to update it to v19. Older lenses cannot get v18 so they are out of luck. The Fuji adapter did not promise AF from the beginning, but you do get to use the leaf shutter for high speed sync up to 1/800. On the Leica S, AF and leaf shutter are available with the S-H adapter so there is hope.
Wasn't there an issue with newer H lenses not autofocusing on the S? I think there might be a firmware issue there, too (i.e., you need to be running older firmware for AF to work on an S). I might be mistaken about that.

algrove

This thread has been hijacked by X1D subjects having nothing to do with 50R bundle deals. Why not take X1D discussions over to X1D threads? Thanks.

airfang

I really don't see any technical difficulties for Fuji to support AF of H lenses (they built the them after all), I suspect it was due to some agreement/licensing from Hasselblad.

tcdeveau

I really don't see any technical difficulties for Fuji to support AF of H lenses (they built the them after all), I suspect it was due to some agreement/licensing from Hasselblad.
I think there are techbical difficulties on some level. Not all HC/HCD lenses will autofocus even with the XH adapter and X1D (only lenses with a certain firmware version and newer), so I imagine at least the same limitations would be present with HC/HCD lenses and the GFX. I think it has something to do with memory limitations of the older lenses but I’m not sure.

Regarding the GFX50R bundle I started the thread with, B&H changed the prices of the items in my order, and the order total is different now, so it’s looking like a price glitch that won’t be honored.

msadat

I think there are techbical difficulties on some level. Not all HC/HCD lenses will autofocus even with the XH adapter and X1D (only lenses with a certain firmware version and newer), so I imagine at least the same limitations would be present with HC/HCD lenses and the GFX. I think it has something to do with memory limitations of the older lenses but I’m not sure.

Regarding the GFX50R bundle I started the thread with, B&H changed the prices of the items in my order, and the order total is different now, so it’s looking like a price glitch that won’t be honored.
or the deal had finished by the time you wanted to order

tcdeveau

or the deal had finished by the time you wanted to order
I had already placed the order and received a confirmation email reflecting the prices of the "deal" before the "deal" had finished. They changed the prices of the items in my order days after I placed the order so that as of the time of the post above, my order total was $2800 more than when I placed it and received confirmation. This isn't common practice for sale items based on my previous experience with B&H.

algrove

I had already placed the order and received a confirmation email reflecting the prices of the "deal" before the "deal" had finished. They changed the prices of the items in my order days after I placed the order so that as of the time of the post above, my order total was $2800 more than when I placed it and received confirmation. This isn't common practice for sale items based on my previous experience with B&H.
Complain!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
That's unacceptable. That would be the last order B&H ever got from me if that was my order. I'd also cancel it just in spite and go with another vendor.

cabbage

That's unacceptable. That would be the last order B&H ever got from me if that was my order. I'd also cancel it just in spite and go with another vendor.
At least I don't have to be sick over not picking up that "deal" on the 50R. I hate it for you and wish it was a real "deal".

tcdeveau

I could complain if I wanted to I suppose but I’d rather not waste the time or energy. I have two more days of paternity leave left and the last thing on earth I want to be doing right now is spending any of that time with B&H customer service. My local dealer has reached to me regarding Fuji sales, so the order has been cancelled and any future Fuji orders (GFX or X-system) will be placed through them.

At the end of the day, the “deal” was most likely a pricing glitch, the fine print does say “all orders subject to verification”, and it’s not really anything I *need* right now. Fuji gear goes on sale all the time anyway - the current GFX50R bundle deals aren’t that bad, and they’ll only get better as we get closer to and past the GFX100 launch.

Plus, after seeing the news of the IMX461 monochrome sensor today, my wallet wants to see what that leads to (if anything).

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A $4k saving on a full kit was pretty compelling. Heck, I’ve already got those lenses and I was tempted!

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

:banghead:

algrove

I could complain if I wanted to I suppose but I’d rather not waste the time or energy. I have two more days of paternity leave left and the last thing on earth I want to be doing right now is spending any of that time with B&H customer service. My local dealer has reached to me regarding Fuji sales, so the order has been cancelled and any future Fuji orders (GFX or X-system) will be placed through them.

At the end of the day, the “deal” was most likely a pricing glitch, the fine print does say “all orders subject to verification”, and it’s not really anything I *need* right now. Fuji gear goes on sale all the time anyway - the current GFX50R bundle deals aren’t that bad, and they’ll only get better as we get closer to and past the GFX100 launch.

Plus, after seeing the news of the IMX461 monochrome sensor today, my wallet wants to see what that leads to (if anything).
Trouble is you are hurting the rest of us the next time B&H or anyone else changes entered customer online orders and thinks they can get away with it.

tcdeveau

Trouble is you are hurting the rest of us the next time B&H or anyone else changes entered customer online orders and thinks they can get away with it.
Trouble is...??

Thanks for pointing out how my actions could be hurting you when I started the thread so that others could take advantage of the "deal" and tried to help you directly by PM'ing you in response to your dealer query. I don't think I need to take other forum members into consideration when I make personal decisions about my own online orders, whether it be with B&H or any other retailer. Maybe next time I just won't share at all.

dave.gt

Dante is cringing! Lol... he wants you to buy, buy, buy. But not everyone wants to go to the trouble of arguing online purchases with a large corporation with corporate attorneys.

Hire a lawyer if you want to press the issue of the "deal", and offer and acceptance. Let us know how it works out. Btdt for many decades, and I would not bother, either. Life is too short.

And I agree that my decision to not do it is my decision alone so I don't see how it makes any difference to anyone else:):):)

Now, let's get back to fun, Dante is patiently waiting.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Has anyone checked with Henry Posner? I suspect some sincere apologies are in order, and I'm surprised that they have not been forthcoming.

algrove

Trouble is...??

Thanks for pointing out how my actions could be hurting you when I started the thread so that others could take advantage of the "deal" and tried to help you directly by PM'ing you in response to your dealer query. I don't think I need to take other forum members into consideration when I make personal decisions about my own online orders, whether it be with B&H or any other retailer. Maybe next time I just won't share at all.
Now come on I just wanted to see if you have any fight in you. :thumbs: Remember Dante is the culprit not you nor me.:grin: