The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX-50R Bundle Deals

kdphotography

I thought I had saw a facebook posting (question credibility here) stating they had complained and "the deal" was going to be respected by B&H. Don't know if it's true or not.

Regardless, I really was hoping (and still do) that Dante would sprinkle some fairy dust and reward those who reached out in earnest good faith early on to acquire a new medium format digital camera system.

:)

algrove

I thought I had saw a facebook posting (question credibility here) stating they had complained and "the deal" was going to be respected by B&H. Don't know if it's true or not.

Regardless, I really was hoping (and still do) that Dante would sprinkle some fairy dust and reward those who reached out in earnest good faith early on to acquire a new medium format digital camera system.

:)
I saw that too, but cannot remember where, but the point is the sqeaky wheel gets the grease.

dave.gt

I saw that too, but cannot remember where, but the point is the sqeaky wheel gets the grease.
Well, of course you are right about the squeaking. Maybe someone here or elsewhere who is not stressed to the max will start some kind of "#us too!" movement.:)

Please understand that tc is not in a position to spend physical and emotional energy on something as irrelevant at the moment as Dante's toys. A newborn only a week old with the attendant pressures at work and life in general do not make it easy or wise to overload one's plate. He is in bad need of sleep and becoming acclimated to a new life.

Dante sometimes has to wait.:)

algrove

tc

I understand your "new" life has unusual demands on your time, etc.

I sent an email to BH regarding your price change, of course without naming you, but saying that many of us are upset with their appraoch to your order and if they cannot rectify the situation I would take my business elsewhere.

They offered to look into it if you sent along your cart ID# (located at the bottom of the cart).

It was Abraham D. in the e-sales Department who replied. If you decide to pursue this, kindly let us know what happended in the end. Thanks.

Lou

hcubell

Well, of course you are right about the squeaking. Maybe someone here or elsewhere who is not stressed to the max will start some kind of "#us too!" movement.:)

Please understand that tc is not in a position to spend physical and emotional energy on something as irrelevant at the moment as Dante's toys. A newborn only a week old with the attendant pressures at work and life in general do not make it easy or wise to overload one's plate. He is in bad need of sleep and becoming acclimated to a new life.

Dante sometimes has to wait.:)
There is also this: when something looks almost too good to be true, it almost always is. And playing the "gotcha" game is not my thing, even though I am a lawyer in my day job and can fight with the best of them to enforce my rights as a consumer in appropriate cases.

tcdeveau

tc

I understand your "new" life has unusual demands on your time, etc.

I sent an email to BH regarding your price change, of course without naming you, but saying that many of us are upset with their appraoch to your order and if they cannot rectify the situation I would take my business elsewhere.

They offered to look into it if you sent along your cart ID# (located at the bottom of the cart).

It was Abraham D. in the e-sales Department who replied. If you decide to pursue this, kindly let us know what happended in the end. Thanks.

Lou
Thanks Lou, I might look into it if I get a chance, and will let you guys know what happens.

I'm generally pretty good at raising a stink and fighting things like this (best example recently was when I got the bank to pay my closing costs when I bought my house last year because of their f*** up), I just choose my battles more carefully these days. Only so much time in the day. I'm currently a patent agent which means I fight patent examiners daily on behalf of clients, and I'm off to law school next fall, and I wouldn't be much good at any of that if I didn't have any fight in me :p

Seems I could probably at the very least get a giftcard or something out of the situation so it might be worth an email....still need to acclimate to sleep deprivation though and tackle it accordingly. I can string words together to form a sentence today, yesterday not so much and who knows about tomorrow haha.

-Todd (I also go by my initials "TC" because my dad's name is Todd and it avoids confusion to those that know me outside forums)

D&A

Todd wrote>>>>"Seems I could probably at the very least get a gift card or something out of the situation"<<<<

What gift card? I'd go the whole 9 yards and request from them at least a years worth of disposable diapers. Got to be worth as much or more of what you would have saved in the B&H Fuji deal :)

Congrats and best of luck with your newborn and all the upcoming adventures you're going to experience. Oh yea, you're going to need a good camera to document it all...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

algrove

Todd wrote>>>>"Seems I could probably at the very least get a gift card or something out of the situation"<<<<

What gift card? I'd go the whole 9 yards and request from them at least a years worth of disposable diapers. Got to be worth as much or more of what you would have saved in the B&H Fuji deal :)

Congrats and best of luck with your newborn and all the upcoming adventures you're going to experience. Oh yea, you're going to need a good camera to document it all...LOL!

Dave (D&A)
I just searched for disposable diapers on the BH site and it came back "unknown", but the gift card might be possible.

D&A

I just searched for disposable diapers on the BH site and it came back "unknown", but the gift card might be possible.
I just saw this on Steve Huff's site and I quote...

--->>> "If you ever decide to make a purchase from B&H Photo or Amazon, for ANYTHING, even diapers..you can help me without spending a penny to do so.<<<---

Who knew? So I guess anything is possible! :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

algrove

I just saw this on Steve Huff's site and I quote...

--->>> "If you ever decide to make a purchase from B&H Photo or Amazon, for ANYTHING, even diapers..you can help me without spending a penny to do so.<<<---

Who knew? So I guess anything is possible! :)

Dave (D&A)
Haha, funny, wouldn't you know I missed checking on Amazon for diapers. Must be more thorough next time. Thanks Dave.

msadat

great deal, the camera not so much. it seems Fuji missed the fact that camera this big needs a grip. so i am guessing aftermarket grips are in the works.

D&A

After speaking to a Fuji rep, he indicated that an accessory to address the "small grip" issue, may be in the works. We'll see.

Dave (D&A)

atanabe

great deal, the camera not so much. it seems Fuji missed the fact that camera this big needs a grip. so i am guessing aftermarket grips are in the works.
I agree, the grip is a bit small for my hands, but an aftermarket accessory could make up for that. The overall package is much more pleasing to me than the GFX 50s (no large viewfinder on the top and bulge in the back). So I can live with a not as ergonomic grip on the camera.

My GFX 50r bundle deal arrived (50r, 45, 63) and I also added the 23mm later. My Leica Summilux R 80 shows a lot of promise, slight vignetting (-1/2 stop) wide open at the corners but the resolution remains constant. I am happy with the performance of the camera and lenses, maybe, just maybe will pick up the 100 when it comes out next year.

aly324

I agree, the grip is a bit small for my hands, but an aftermarket accessory could make up for that. The overall package is much more pleasing to me than the GFX 50s (no large viewfinder on the top and bulge in the back). So I can live with a not as ergonomic grip on the camera.

My GFX 50r bundle deal arrived (50r, 45, 63) and I also added the 23mm later. My Leica Summilux R 80 shows a lot of promise, slight vignetting (-1/2 stop) wide open at the corners but the resolution remains constant. I am happy with the performance of the camera and lenses, maybe, just maybe will pick up the 100 when it comes out next year.
One can get this wood grip on the Chinese website Taobao:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=582482602592

Years ago I used one of their wood grips on a Sony A7R. It worked well and was comfortable and well made, although out of carelessness I did manage to break it at a weak point around the clearing for the battery door. In the case of the 50R, since the battery door is away from the grip, it's less of an issue.

Attachments

Paratom

Once on puts an additional grip on the gfx-r (from whatever brand) - do you guys think it sits as com
fortable in hand as the gfx50-s?
Any recommandations which version to buy (r vs s)?