The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX-50R Bundle Deals

tcdeveau

If anyone (in the US) is looking to purchase a GFX50R, Fuji USA is running some pretty crazy bundle deals and deals on GF lenses:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm...fx-50r-bundle-deals-x-e3-deals-and-much-more/

You can order the GFX-50R at full price and add a 63mm GF for $149, a 45mm GF for $399, and/or a 32-64mm for $949.

They’re running some crazy deals on lenses, including $750 off the 250mm GF.

I’m contemplating cancelling my 65mm XCD order and ordering a 50R and 63mm instead.

ejpeiker

If anyone (in the US) is looking to purchase a GFX50R, Fuji USA is running some pretty crazy bundle deals and deals on GF lenses:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm...fx-50r-bundle-deals-x-e3-deals-and-much-more/

You can order the GFX-50R at full price and add a 63mm GF for $149, a 45mm GF for $399, and/or a 32-64mm for $949.

They’re running some crazy deals on lenses, including $750 off the 250mm GF.

I’m contemplating cancelling my 65mm XCD order and ordering a 50R and 63mm instead.
50S price has dropped by $1000 as well for left eye shooters like me - the R camera style is generally not fun to use for left eye shooters.

algrove

So why get the 63 (no linear motor) when the 32-64 covers that FL and with a linear motor too?

Eventually want primes-like 23, 50 (when it comes out), 110 and 250.

djonesii

Workshop Member
Was there a siren in Dante's inferno ....

I could not resist, the combination of a consulting job, the 50R, and the lens sale .... just too many signs from the medium format gods. 50R, 45/32-64. The Q may be on the block.

Will be posting some images when the equipment arrives. Hopefully before Christmas!

Dave

tcdeveau

I highly recommend you do just that......:)

Victor
Aaaaaaand done.:thumbup:

Don’t get me wrong. I still love my X1D and the X system, but for me personally looking prospectively over the next couple years, it’s just too expensive to fill out the lens selection I want right now - esp considering the fact that I want to get a back for my STC and a 40mm HR at some point.

Had always though about hopping over to a GFX for longer lenses to supplement the X1D and deals like this make it super easy to hop into the GFX ecosystem.

tcdeveau

So why get the 63 (no linear motor) when the 32-64 covers that FL and with a linear motor too?

Because with the current deal, it only costs $149 to add the 63mm to the bundle. $149.

Boinger

Don’t get me wrong. I still love my X1D and the X system, but for me personally looking prospectively over the next couple years, it’s just too expensive to fill out the lens selection I want right now - esp considering the fact that I want to get a back for my STC and a 40mm HR at some point.

Had always though about hopping over to a GFX for longer lenses to supplement the X1D and deals like this make it super easy to hop into the GFX ecosystem.
Won't it be odd to have systems that do essentially the same thing?

I mean the 65mm is what $2800? This is still $6000.

Just curious as to your though process.

vjbelle

Lou.... I can't comment on the zoom but sure can for the 63 which is super sharp and super light. I don't use auto focus a lot but every time I have with the 63 it has been dead on. I can't imagine the zoom performing as well at 63mm as the prime.

Victor

vjbelle

You won't be disappointed.:thumbs: If you haven't so far be sure to visit Jim kasson's site for in depth postings regarding the GFX.

Victor

hcubell

Amazing deals. For anyone who was wondering why Phase One decided to abandon the cropped medium format sensor market, these deals should answer your question. Nobody can compete with Fuji on price, or for that matter on the range of features. You have to compete by offering something that is distinct from what Fuji is offering. I am very curious to see how Hasselblad responds, which is really a question of how DJI responds. Hasselblad itself has not been all that much of a competitive force in recent years, but DJI is something else, and in many ways the drone market is far more complex technologically than the camera market. Does anyone even buy a drone not made by DJI?

richardman

Who are you kidding? You'd probably move up to 11x14 or 16x20.
;) Obviously you nail it there. If I have $6000, or better yet, $12000, I will move up to 20x24". Ha ha.

$6000? I will trade in my Tachihara 8x10 for a nice 8x10 with the Cooke IV Triple Convertible .... Mmmmm....

algrove

He who hestitates is lost. Deals appear gone and so am I. So they offer this for 3-4 days and then take it off?

Last edited:

Knorp

He who hestitates is lost. Deals appear gone and so am I. So they offer this for 3.4 days and then take it off?
Yep, so it seems. But frankly, I thought it downright outrageous ... :mad:
But congrats to all of you who managed to seal this once-in-a-lifetime deal, you lucky bastards ... :salute:

hcubell

What's so remarkable in a way is that nobody thought this was a mistake in pricing by B&H. It seemed perfectly reasonable that Fuji would slash prices this way.