The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM "GFX" and 'X" CAMERAS

PedroL

Most of you know me as a Hasselblad dealer, but I am happy to announce that since February of this year we are also FujiFilm dealers. If any of you are interested in any of the FujiFilm cameras, please feel free to contact me. I offer the same high level of customer service to Fuji users as I do Hasselblad users.

Abstraction

Hi Peter,

The site is a dog! It's as slow as molasses, very sluggish when it loads and not very responsive. I also tried accessing it on a tablet and that's completely out of the question, as there is an incredible delay between the moment you tap on a menu and the time anything comes up.

Please consider revamping, or at least tuning the site to boost performance. It badly needs it.

All the best.

Knorp

Mmm, there's quite some animation and pictures loaded that may be causing the delay and the perception of sluggishness and in particular noticeable on slower internet connections.
From where I am sitting, Amsterdam NL, with 100 Mbps download, it's actually not so bad, but some serious attention to the website's performance IRT to users/customers with slower internet or less powerful devices is recommended.

Anyway, it's a nice website !

Brgds.

Abstraction

I've tried different computers with 50mb Internet connection. I think it's the script that's hogging the CPU. Could be my browser. I'm using Firefox on all of my devices.

PedroL

I've tried different computers with 50mb Internet connection. I think it's the script that's hogging the CPU. Could be my browser. I'm using Firefox on all of my devices.
Sorry about your issues with our web site. This is the first time anyone had mentioned problems like you describe. Since we have our site we had nothing but positive reactions.

stngoldberg

Absolutely no issues with the website..brilliant combination of information and great photography..actually the best site of any camera dealer IMHO
Stanley

Last edited:

TimoK

I tried with Firefox on my old pc running Linux Mint. No problems with Peter's site. Small delays wich are usual in sites with much photos. I also tried with Chromium ( an open version of Chrome browser) - no problems, a little quicker than Firefox.
Sites are not responsive to browser's window size, so some difficulties may appear with tablets or smart phones.