The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Short XF shutdown

joegl

Hi
Since nearly 6 month I do have a strange issues with my xf .
During constant handheld shooting the camera shuts down for a second, and then reboot it self. Sometimes it happens 10 times a day sometimes not. Back was for inspection, camera was for inspection.
Today it happens again twice. Daenemark has no ideas what to do me either.

Anybody had this failure?

Thanks Joerg

kdphotography

Can Denmark or your dealer replicate the problem when they have your XF body and digital back?

If it is new or under warranty----I would want a complete resolution, even if that meant a new XF body. The XF body is a pretty solid performer, so I think your experience is definitely not the norm.

ken

Jeffrey

Joerg:

My XF did the exact same thing. My XF was in the very first batch manufactured. Apparently there was a capacitor issue with some of the XF's in this first batch. After two efforts to solve this problem and failing to do so, I was given a new XF. Sounds to me like you have the same problem my XF had.

kdphotography

Maybe you have Jeffrey's old XF :ROTFL:

The exorcism didn't work apparently;)

Hope you get it figured out quickly!

ken

joegl

Maybe you have Jeffrey's old XF :ROTFL:

The exorcism didn't work apparently;)

Hope you get it figured out quickly!

ken
My one is 1996

By the way
we changed the body
We changed the back
We used fresh batteries
We didn’t changed my finger
We dind’t changed the lenses

kdphotography

That is frustrating. I hope you have a nearby dealer who can sit down with your entire system and replicate and fix the issue.

That is not the norm for the XF platform. But obviously this is not much consolation when your system is "the one" that has issues.

Hope you get a quick and complete resolution!

Ken