The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa 12 Plus Announcement

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yat
If I climb the highest mountain here (2300m above see level) and use my LEICA binocular I just can't
see an ALPA 12 PLUS grip nor a PLUS tripod adapter anywhere .:ROTFL:
I suggest , you contact ALPA via E-MAIL and ask for Mr.Ochsner or Mr.Zipper . [email protected]
Hopefully they have new information .

yatlee

Yat
If I climb the highest mountain here (2300m above see level) and use my LEICA binocular I just can't
see an ALPA 12 PLUS grip nor a PLUS tripod adapter anywhere .:ROTFL:
I suggest , you contact ALPA via E-MAIL and ask for Mr.Ochsner or Mr.Zipper . [email protected]
Hopefully they have new information .
Thanks Jürgen!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Here the first portrait of my ALPA 12 PLUS .

The ALPA MAX stitching adapter has not arrived yet , so what you see is just the normal tripod adapter . The silver colored Adapter on top is self made and holds the LEE WA BELLOWS hood . With that adapter , the hood always stays in the same position as the lens , no matter if you do a vertical or a horizontal shift or even both shifts together . (ALPA MAX shift adapter required for vertical shift , when the before mentioned position effect shall be active) . The WA BELLOWS hood weighs with it adapter ring 400 gramms .
Using my adapter , there will be NO weight screwed on to the front of the lens .
That was the idea behind the adapter . The hood has two filterslots .

ALPA 12 PLUS.jpg

Pemihan

The silver colored Adapter on top is self made and holds the LEE WA BELLOWS hood . With that adapter , the hood always stays in the same position as the lens , no matter if you do a vertical or a horizontal shift or even both shifts together . (ALPA MAX shift adapter required for vertical shift , when the before mentioned position effect shall be active) . The WA BELLOWS hood weighs with it adapter ring 400 gramms .
Using my adapter , there will be NO weight screwed on to the front of the lens .
Looks great Jürgen! Do you take orders for that adapter and can you adapt it to Cambo WRS? :grin:

narikin

Hmm, I have the Max, and can't see a compelling reason to switch.

The weight/size, maybe, yes.
But the trade of is that loss of 25% of the front rise - 25mm on Max, 20mm on Plus.

As someone who makes 4 way stitches quite often, I've found maximum rise is needed in 95% of my images. In a ground level streetscape or landscape, I almost never require fall, but the final image uses all of the available rise. If you shoot regular landscapes, be aware of this, but if you work in the studio, or on top of mountains(!) then YMMV.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Looks great Jürgen! Do you take orders for that adapter and can you adapt it to Cambo WRS? :grin:
Hello Peter

My answer is a friendly NO .
To use that adapter , you would also need my selfmade ringholder for the bellows hood .
And both components would surely be completely different for a CAMBO and I never had one in my hands . Sorry .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Peter

The filter slots are part of the LEE WA BELLOWS HOOD and you can still add a third slot , (or even a fourth one) if required .

PeterA

Here the first portrait of my ALPA 12 PLUS .

The ALPA MAX stitching adapter has not arrived yet , so what you see is just the normal tripod adapter . The silver colored Adapter on top is self made and holds the LEE WA BELLOWS hood . With that adapter , the hood always stays in the same position as the lens , no matter if you do a vertical or a horizontal shift or even both shifts together . (ALPA MAX shift adapter required for vertical shift , when the before mentioned position effect shall be active) . The WA BELLOWS hood weighs with it adapter ring 400 gramms .

View attachment 137296
Always good to see some custom hack and - very nice brass detail on the fixture there - thanks for sharing :thumbup:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Here my first ALPA family group photo since the ALPA 12 PLUS arrived .
I could trade in my ALPA STC and got a very good price for it . Therefore my wallet does not suffer too much .

@@.ALPA FAMILY copy.jpg

Christopher

I find ist shocking that Alpa still dpea not offer good lens shade... cambo and at a had solutions ages ago... it must be one does not need the at ghe top... ;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I find ist shocking that Alpa still dpea not offer good lens shade... cambo and at a had solutions ages ago... it must be one does not need the at ghe top... ;)
Well, I suppose it depends on what you are looking for. Whilst they may not have a compendium shade, they do have specially designed 3D printed lens shades for each lens that they supply.

algrove

Well, I suppose it depends on what you are looking for. Whilst they may not have a compendium shade, they do have specially designed 3D printed lens shades for each lens that they supply.
I use them and they are very good and light weight. Totally foldable and rebound to original shape.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I would concede that Alpa lack any affordable lens hoods though. I have the previous generation universal fit hood (which cost and arm & leg), vs the new individual hoods that cost a kidney each. I’ve contemplated getting the new hoods for my three most used lenses but haven’t seen my way to justify dropping just over $1k to do it. :facesmack:

However, they certainly are fabulous quality as Lou attests and I guess that you only buy them once. (And you’ll climb down a cliff to retrieve one if it falls off!!)

PeterA

Seriously - how can anyone call themselves a technical photographer - and not have their own lathe and mill to hot rod their own stuff?:grin:

Love seeing your 'hacks' Jotloob:thumbup: