The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DT's IQ4 Tech Camera Test Teaser

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The new BSI sensor in the Phase One IQ4 150mp produces dramatically less color cast on tech cameras. DT has recently completed a test with the Rodenstock 32HR and Schneider 43XL on both the IQ4 150mp and IQ3 100mp Trichromatic.

Below is a teaser:
- Row One: IQ3 100mp with 43XL; 20mm left/right. Color Cast Reduction = OFF. Light Falloff Correction = On. Lots of color cast.
- Row Two: IQ4 150mp with 43XL; 20mm left/right. Color Cast Reduction = OFF. Light Falloff Correction = On. Much less color cast.

If you're a tech camera user, you're likely jumping up and down with joy. We'll wait.

The raw files, along with analysis by Doug Peterson, our Head of R+D, will be posted in the next couple days. Stay tuned to PhaseOneIQ4.com or shoot an email to [email protected] with the subject "IQ4 Tech Cam Tests" to be notified when the results are posted.

The new BSI sensor in the Phase One IQ4 150mp produces dramatically less color cast on tech cameras. DT has recently completed a test with the Rodenstock 32HR and Schneider 43XL on both the IQ4 150mp and IQ3 100mp Trichromatic.

Below is a teaser:
- Row One: IQ3 100mp with 43XL; 20mm left/right. Color Cast Reduction = OFF. Light Falloff Correction = On. Lots of color cast.
- Row Two: IQ4 150mp with 43XL; 20mm left/right. Color Cast Reduction = OFF. Light Falloff Correction = On. Much less color cast.

If you're a tech camera user, you're likely jumping up and down with joy. We'll wait.

The raw files, along with analysis by Doug Peterson, our Head of R+D, will be posted in the next couple days. Stay tuned to PhaseOneIQ4.com or shoot an email to [email protected] with the subject "IQ4 Tech Cam Tests" to be notified when the results are posted.
Wow Doug, that’s amazing! Love to test out the new back. What are the file formats that are available on the new back? 16bit? 14bit?, etc How large are the RAWS?

tjv

Good God that's amazing... Pity I won't be able to afford one for another million years.

Ed Hurst

Interesting indeed! Is there any data/evidence that allows us to evaluate the matter of crosstalk?

med

Very, very nice. Glad I bought low on the 43 XL, although I’ll need those ducats to put towards a 150 now!

earburner

Wow that's quite a difference..

now we have to see how fluffy the lead time is for the upgrade...

With a webinar happening tomorrow I guess they are nearing a shipping date.. :)

kdphotography

I need to sell my home in Carmel and settle into my new home.

After that's done---IQ4 will seem easy. :D

I've got plenty of time to sit and ponder. First world problems. It's not like I'm skimping too much by holding onto the IQ3 100. :p

Aviv1887

Interesting extra information is that the SK 43mm supposedly was shot without a center filter. Usually on a shift that much with that lens you definately would use the CF.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Interesting extra information is that the SK 43mm supposedly was shot without a center filter. Usually on a shift that much with that lens you definitely would use the CF.
Agreed. However, we do not have the center filter, therefore can not use it :).

If you're in NYC or LA and wish to loan us one...

jianghai

Interesting extra information is that the SK 43mm supposedly was shot without a center filter. Usually on a shift that much with that lens you definately would use the CF.
Falloff correction is turned on so you're not seeing the falloff you would normally see without a CF. It is slightly misleading of course for some to turn that on, but falloff is physics and can't be avoided unless using a CF, so it is what it is. With the better dynamic range of CMOS sensors... I personally would probably avoid the hassle of a CF and correct in post.