The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom Flat Field plug-in not working (for LCCs). Anyone using?

epforever

I've been using a Hasselblad back on a tech camera for a long time, always importing the raws into Phocus. And I thought I would give Lightroom a try with the Hasselblad raws (its shadow slider does a better job of retaining contrast in the overall image). I did some research and found the Adobe's Flat Field plug-in, for applying lens-cast correction. I'm using Lightroom Classic CC v7.5.

I believe I've followed the correct process: convert to DNGs upon import, select the target image(s) along with the correct LCC image, go to Library > Plug-In Extras > Apply interleaved correction. However, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The target images remain unchanged / uncorrected.

Perhaps the plug-in doesn't work on this recent version of Lightroom? Is anyone using it? Any advice?

thanks
ethan

dchew

Ethan,
Just tried mine and it works.
LR Classic CC 8.0
MacOS 10.14 Mojave
IQ3100 files

Your description appears correct. One thing: note it creates a new file with "_ff" added to the end. You may have your catalog configured to add this image at the bottom of your grid view, or it may be stacked...

Check around to make sure you don't have it in there somewhere.

Dave

epforever

Ethan,
Just tried mine and it works.
LR Classic CC 8.0
MacOS 10.14 Mojave
IQ3100 files

Your description appears correct. One thing: note it creates a new file with "_ff" added to the end. You may have your catalog configured to add this image at the bottom of your grid view, or it may be stacked...

Check around to make sure you don't have it in there somewhere.

Dave

Dave -- thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't see any new files added. For viewing files, I don't have any filters applied, and I've expanded all stacks, just in case. Nothing.

I could try upgrading to v8.0. I don't want to upgrade to Mojave, as I've seen a note from Capture Integration stating that Capture One is somehow buggy or nonfunctional with Mojave (don't recall the specifics).

epforever

Dave -- forgot to add my latest update to this, as I figured it out and plowed forward in the retouching I was working on.

I ended up finding the files. It helped to know that LR was making those new files. And I was somehow looking at a collection of recent imports, rather than the actual job folder where it was placing those new files.

All working now. Thanks.