The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for a Rodenstock 40mm HR lens in L.A. area (for comparison)

epforever

I just bought a used Rodenstock 40mm HR for my Alpa, and I'd love to do a comparison with another one (doesn't matter if it's Alpa, Cambo, Arca Swiss, etc.). I'd like to know if I've gotten a good copy. I'm happy to come to you whenever / wherever is convenient.

PM me or email me: [email protected]

Much appreciated,
ethan

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I just bought a used Rodenstock 40mm HR for my Alpa, and I'd love to do a comparison with another one (doesn't matter if it's Alpa, Cambo, Arca Swiss, etc.). I'd like to know if I've gotten a good copy. I'm happy to come to you whenever / wherever is convenient.

We have a 40HR on an Arca at our new LA office in time for our IQ4 launch event on Thursday. You're welcome to test it out. You can use your back, or for future proofing you can test it with the IQ4 150mp to see how it handles that higher-res sensor.

tjv

Not to hijack the thread, but the 40mm HR-W is my unicorn lens. My favourite focal length for my Credo 60, but I've never been able to afford one!

Would love to know what you learn from comparing the lenses, and what you think of the 40mm in general.

One day Santa will come...

epforever

I'll reply with some info once I'm able to finish testing. It's been interrupted by the wildfires here. We are under mandatory evacuation (Topanga Canyon). It's surreal. The fire is quite vast.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I'll reply with some info once I'm able to finish testing. It's been interrupted by the wildfires here. We are under mandatory evacuation (Topanga Canyon). It's surreal. The fire is quite vast.
Poor you, that sounds awful. Wishing you a safe evacuation and return.

tashley

Subscriber Member
We have a 40HR on an Arca at our new LA office in time for our IQ4 launch event on Thursday. You're welcome to test it out. You can use your back, or for future proofing you can test it with the IQ4 150mp to see how it handles that higher-res sensor.
It’s also my favourite lens. I’m very keen to hear how it performs on the IQ4 when you’ve tested it, particularly if you can get away without LCCs...

vjbelle

A shame you even need to check to see if you have a decent copy. I hope your findings assuage your doubts. I try to stay away from used lenses as almost all of the time once it's purchased you own it. The seller may not even be aware of the defect/s.

Victor

epforever

A shame you even need to check to see if you have a decent copy. I hope your findings assuage your doubts. I try to stay away from used lenses as almost all of the time once it's purchased you own it. The seller may not even be aware of the defect/s.

Victor

I'm just being cautious and proactive. I have no reason to suspect the lens is inferior in any way. It's in perfect condition.