The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm GFX 50R?

D&A

Thanks ever so much for your kind word Dave. I had hoped to have an adapter with me when I tested out the 50R, so that I could see how some of the Pentax 645 lenses handled on the Fuji but unfortunately couldn't obtain one in time. I had you in mind at the time, knowing it was an important consideration of yours. Hopefully in the near future upon receiving your 50R, you'll have a good handle on the positive and negative aspects of using some of your Pentax lenses mounted to the 50R. I will add like most everyone else who has used the Fuji midrange zoom, it was very impressive.

Therefore the advantages of using some of the Pentax lenses will either be their size advantage, focal lengths not readily covered by Fuji, or in some cases as Kirk pointed out, a somewhat less clinic, more rounded image than maybe certain Fuji lenses produce. Of course this last aspect to imagery is subjective.

Dave (D&A)