The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm GFX 50R?

gurtch

I have pre-ordered the camera and 32-64mm lens. Has anyone heard of an approximate shipping date?
TIA
Dave in NJ

Grayhand

I have pre-ordered the camera and 32-64mm lens. Has anyone heard of an approximate shipping date?
TIA
Dave in NJ
Well, I have the same on order.
+ that I did get a pre-owned 110mm/F2 for a good price.
Now I am looking for a 23mm/F4, but cheap it aint!

I did try to instill the notion on the salesman that he had a moral obligation to make me the first owner of this camera in Sweden.
We will se how well that works :cool:

Shipping last week of November - first week of December, maybe..

Ray

gurtch

Thanks Ray. The 23mm is at the top of my list....would like to find a used one (lots of luck with that!)
I have heard some TS lenses meant for 35mm format cover the 33x44 sensor. That could be a temporary alternative.
Dave

jng

Capture Integration, a highly trusted dealer, is running their annual demo inventory sale. They appear to have a Fuji 23mm lens available (scroll down to page 4):

http://captureintegration.com/downl...0ZIasR8P0RZwahFxwwFHoSqLfPJ9AYhGZMhyq3UgJ2hew

I'm not familiar with pricing on the Fuji MF products, but this may be worth a look (as are the the other goodies they have listed for sale)...

Good luck!

John

Thanks Ray. The 23mm is at the top of my list....would like to find a used one (lots of luck with that!)
I have heard some TS lenses meant for 35mm format cover the 33x44 sensor. That could be a temporary alternative.
Dave

Grayhand

Dave
The diagonal of the sensor is about 54.8mm.
That means that you need a vinjeting free image circle of this diameter.
In real it means a wider circle

The Canon 24mm TS-E first version has an image circle about 58mm
And the second version about 66.5mm.

So I Think it is the second version that gives you the best usability in terms of shift and tilt.
But not for free..
I find prices of this lens starts around half the price of the 23mm/F4 to abowe its price.

No autofocus, but at this focal lenght maybe not so important.
But you get shift for a wider aspect ration, so that is a +
But no WR.
Do not know which lens is the sharpest, suspect the 23mm/F4
Interesting to test the Canon lens, just need the camera first :cool:

Ray

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I’m a Leica S guy to the bone. The Fuji 23 is sharper. I love the S24 , but the Fuji 23 is frickin’ amazing, and at that price, worth having an entire Fuji system for.

Matt

PeterA

I’m a Leica S guy to the bone. The Fuji 23 is sharper. I love the S24 , but the Fuji 23 is frickin’ amazing, and at that price, worth having an entire Fuji system for.

Matt
Speaking as a Leica fanboy par excellence <embarassed face> Matt - I agree with your view on the 23MM and put my money where my mouth is too!....23/32-63 and 110 is my kit with a GFX - seriously affordable option for those who can use the 50 and soon 100MP - the lenses are typical Fuji excellence - highly recommended!! Light enough for my main interest in shooting - happy snaps/street /doco and portrait work. NOT as pretty as the XID - but after a lot of testing, prefer focal plane shutter and Fuji lens ecosystem.

Cheers
Pete

D&A

I had the opportunity to put the 50R through basic operational tasks and performance last Saturday and came away quite impressed. The rangefinder style fit in with my preferences for basic control of aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc. with analog style dial interface. The body itself was a bit longer in horizontal length than I might have preferred but wasn't cumbersome.

The one area which has received concern was the size of the grip. It was extremely narrow/shallow and didn't allow for a firm grip. This was especially so with the mid range zoom attached, which resulted in a bit of front heaviness and thus not optimally balanced. It's been suggested through reps, that an optional deeper grip will eventually become available.

Otherwise the EVF viewfinder, focusing speed and locking onto subjects as well as other performance characteristics was basically on par with the Fuji 50 GFX.

All in all an exceptionally attractive package.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

gurtch

Thanks Dave (D&A). I still have filed away on my computer the comprehensive and thorough listing and individual review of every Pentax 645 lens that existed at the time. It became my "bible" regarding Pentax optics. Thanks for your insights on the 50R. I still have five 645 (MF) lenses that I will try out on the 50R When it gets here.
Best regards
Dave in NJ

Your 35 and 55mm 645 lenses will be outstanding - less ‘clinical’ than Fuji, and close to full-frame 35mm choice of 28 and 50. 45 OK but not as sharp.

Kirk