The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wide angle lenses for GFX?

gurtch

Hi all: I recently ordered a Fuji GFX with 32-64mm lens. Almost all of my work is seascapes, made with very wide lenses. My most used lens with my 35mm camera is the 16-35mm lens at 16 mm. Fuji makes a 23mm lens. (About 18mm equivalent) but that is too pricey for me at this time. Can anyone recommend a medium format very wide lens that could be used with an adapter? I have MF Pentax 645 lenses at 75, 120 macro, 150, 200 and 300mm, with 1.4x, so I am covered at the longer end. I sold my Pentax 645 35mm lens, as the 32-64 will cover that focal length.
Thanks
Dave
MODERN PICTORIALS

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Cheap, MF, and ultra wide just don’t coexist. The Leica has a 24. Hasselblad has a 24 for H and a 21!! For the X1D. These are all more expensive than the excellent Fuji 23.

If I’m missing one, I’d love to hear about it.

Matt

Oh, of course, the Canon TS lenses. 17 and 24....

ejpeiker

Cheap, MF, and ultra wide just don’t coexist. The Leica has a 24. Hasselblad has a 24 for H and a 21!! For the X1D. These are all more expensive than the excellent Fuji 23.

Matt

The 23 is very good! I have seen some for sale in the used market.

gurtch

Thanks folks. I was hoping possibly Contax, Mamayi, or someone had a very wide lens. A used Fuji 23mm would be enticing for sure.
Dave in NJ

stef_

Hello,

I also use the Samyang 24mm TS for Nikon via Adapter on the Fuji GFX.
At 8 - 11 the lens is really good and can even use some shift or tilt.
I can not compare to the Fuji 23mm but I am happy for the moment.

k-hawinkler

Matt

The 23 is very good! I have seen some for sale in the used market.
IMHO the GF23 is reason enough to get the 50S or 50R. :thumbs: :LOL: