The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anticipation--gfz 50r?

gurtch

B&H still shows shipping tomorrow, 11/29. Has anyone heard if this date still holds? Feel like a kid anticipating Christmas again
Thanks all.....Merry Christmas!
Dave in NJ

Grayhand

So, the camera, GFX(r) + 32-64, was injected in to the postal chain today by my supplier.
And I will leave for a one week work trip tomorrow, so the camera will be sitting in my post office for a week.
Slightly irritating..

Ray

gurtch

My Amex was just charged - so very soon!
That is good news Al. I live in NJ, but pre-ordered from Popflash in Calif. I note you live in CA---did you buy locally? Just wondering if they are being delivered to west coast dealers, as it seem a lot of posters have received them from east coast dealers (B&H, etc).
Thanks
Dave

atanabe

That is good news Al. I live in NJ, but pre-ordered from Popflash in Calif. I note you live in CA---did you buy locally? Just wondering if they are being delivered to west coast dealers, as it seem a lot of posters have received them from east coast dealers (B&H, etc).
Thanks
Dave
Ordered from B&H, FedEx says due on Friday. :cool:

algrove

Garyhand
What case is this? Dimensions?

I see the 32-64 on the 50R. Congrats.

Is that long lens a 250 with the 1.4 in front of it?

Cannot make oiut the lens(es) on the right side.

Thanks.

Grayhand

The lens on the camera is the 32-64.
Then come the 110/2 with the MCEX-18G Macro extension tube in front. The 110 with the minimalistic lenshood!
And to the right is the Hartblei35/2.8 Tilt/Shift lens.

The case is the B&W Outdoor case type 50.

I have a number of the bigger cases also with the carrying system.
But as I then can bring a loot of stuff the weight normaly is about 15-20 kg plus the large tripod.

And after 10-15 km in rough terain I dont Think it is such a brilliant idea to bring all the stuff with me..

So I hope this smaller case will put a hard limit on me for how much I can pack.

Ray

gurtch

Still waiting for the camera. In the mean time, I want to be ready when it arrives, so I bought a Pentax 645 to GFX adapter (I have 5 MF Pentax lenses). Does anyone know which electronic cable release the 50R uses, so I can purchase one?
Thanks
Dave in NJ

tcdeveau

Still waiting for the camera. In the mean time, I want to be ready when it arrives, so I bought a Pentax 645 to GFX adapter (I have 5 MF Pentax lenses). Does anyone know which electronic cable release the 50R uses, so I can purchase one?
Thanks
Dave in NJ

Dave -

I believe it is this one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1433847-REG

Full GFX-50R accessory list here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/gfx/fujifilm_gfx_50r/accessories/

Hope you get it soon,
-Todd

jensputzier

I was in Cologne, Germany, yesterday and the GFX50r was in the stores.

As there are multiple rebates on cameras and lenses I got a GFX50s plus 32-64, 110, 120 and 23 mm at a huge discount. The camera was off 500 Euros, and the lenses up to 700 Euros each. Plus as there was a Fuji day 12/8 at the dealer I went to they gave me another 100 Euro off every lens.

I had a complete X1D set that was stolen in summer and I had been waiting for the X1D prices to drop or a 100MP X1D to be announced. As neither happened, I jumped on the Fuji train. A rather plastic issue compared to Hasselblad, but the C1 integration, the new 100MP camera and the huge discount made me go that way.

Now I am really looking forward to the first images!

Grayhand

My first reflections about this system after using it a bit is that if you have used a Fuji camera before you will feel right at home!

Regarding the size of the grip I dont think about it when I use the camera hand hold.
When I use this camera with the 32-64 and 110mm, it is a "left hand camera". You hold it with the left hand and operate it with your right hand.
The camera is light, the lenses not so!
If you will use a "small" lens then maybe it will be more of an issue if you want to use it as an casual "point and shoot" camera.

I have a L-bracket on it for the tripod mount, but would like a tailored model that let me change battery without removing the bracket.
But the batery last fine so no BIG problem.

I have now ordered the 23 mm lens so my tilt/shift Harblei will spend most of its time on the shelf, and not in the case.

The X-pro2 and the GFX(r) is the perfect combo for my photographic needs!

Ray