The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Most quite Capture One release ever?

Christopher

Just saw capture one 12 left the beta and is available. I didn’t even get an email from phase one about it. Strange.

gerald.d

I know I may bitch about certain aspects of how the company operates, but there is no questioning the fact that Capture One is an amazing piece of software.

And this new release looks like it takes it to a whole other level.

ejpeiker

I did get the email from them about it but the link in the email to read more about Helicon Focus as a plug-in to C1P v. 12 is a dead link :(

That said, luminosity masking in C1P is a long desired feature and now we finally have it.

med

Seems like v12 is a free upgrade to users of v11? Is this true/documented? The download and activation using my v11 license worked, so I'm not complaining... just wondering!

f8orbust

Seems like v12 is a free upgrade to users of v11? Is this true/documented? The download and activation using my v11 license worked, so I'm not complaining... just wondering!
I'm being quoted $200 to upgrade from v11 ...

(Oddly, when I fire up C1 v11 it doesn't even show any upgrade available).

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Just saw capture one 12 left the beta and is available. I didn’t even get an email from phase one about it. Strange.
It's not atypical that the website goes public a few hours before emails/social media get posted, so that everything can be tested. If you haven't gotten a bunch of v12 emails yet, you will soon. Ours went out a short while ago and Capture One 12 blog article is up. All our C1 trainings, C1 styles, scripts have been updated and our DT Time Lapse Editor should be updated in the coming weeks.

Of note: Capture One educational discounts are available.

med

Ok, so not free... I purchased my v10->v11 upgrade in November, however so I wonder if that’s why I could activate v12 with it. If I go to “purchase upgrade” on the C1 website it says that none of my keys are eligible for upgrade.

pegelli

Ok, so not free... I purchased my v10->v11 upgrade in November, however so I wonder if that’s why I could activate v12 with it. If I go to “purchase upgrade” on the C1 website it says that none of my keys are eligible for upgrade.
Well if people just bought v11 they better be quick, last time (v10 to v11) they had a 30 day "grace period" to get a free upgrade, however I purchased my v10 35 days before they released v11 and they would not budge and didn't give me a free or reduced price upgrade.

Bottom line, I still use v10 (does everything I need) as well as Lightroom (which has much more advanced catalog and database functions).

Btw, how do people feel you have to buy an upgrade from v11 to v12 for a camera that was released a few weeks before the upgrade, should the Z6/7 not have been added to v11?