The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Santa is coming and I don't think he has any IQ4-150s in his sack!

vjbelle

Lou..... you will be very happy with your 50r. Just a little OT but since I have been using AI Giga by Topaz I have no hesitations in printing to 40 inches - and maybe a little beyond - with a 50MP file. There is very little mention here about this software but it has gotten a lot of press at LULA. To me an unbelievable advancement in upsizing. I don't use anything else in my workflow.

Cheers.......

Victor

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

My dealer says the first units have arrived in Canada - not sure where I am in the pecking order. May have to slum it with the IQ3-100 for a few more weeks yet......

hcubell

Lou..... you will be very happy with your 50r. Just a little OT but since I have been using AI Giga by Topaz I have no hesitations in printing to 40 inches - and maybe a little beyond - with a 50MP file. There is very little mention here about this software but it has gotten a lot of press at LULA. To me an unbelievable advancement in upsizing. I don't use anything else in my workflow.

Cheers.......

Victor
I purchased AI Gigapixel and have tried it with a 200% upscale from high resolution files from a Sony A7RII and a Hasselblad X1D (e.g., a 32"x40" print), comparing it with a 200% upscale using PS 2019 Preserve Finest Details. To me, when I examine the files at 200%, they are indistinguishable. I am disappointed. Perhaps it works better with lower res files and/or more extreme enlargements.

tcdeveau

If any of you future IQ4 150 users are looking for more from Santa, a Schneider 60xl in cambo T/S Mount was just listed on eBay US this morning

Hope you all get your backs soon and looking forward to seeing the results!

vjbelle

Howard..... I don't want to hijack a thread but will comment briefly. I don't look at anything at 200%. I also don't allow any other upsampling in the printing chain - that includes not using my Canon plugin which will upsample to 600PPI.

I upsample my files to 24000 pixels in the long direction which equates to 600ppi at 40 inches. I may check the file on a computer screen at 50% but that's the limit as anything higher will become pixelated. The 'real' test is to print and that is where AI Giga shines. Nothing compares when looking at a 40 inch print.

Cheers......

Victor

vjbelle

Looks like all the usual suspects are early adopters..:thumbs: I'm still in a wait and see mode but applaud everyone who is upgrading.

Cheers.....

Victor