The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 3.4

masud

I am finding that the new recovery algorithm in Phocus 3.4 that was just released is significantly improved. I think now I don't need to edit in two places (Phocus and Lightroom Classic). What is your experience with Phocus 3.4?

michaelclark

I tested it out this morning on some landscape images and the new updates are very good. I think I will be working up my Hasselblad images now in Phocus instead of in Lightroom. The recovery and shadow fill sliders are massively improved!

Cheers, Michael

www.michaelclarkphoto.com

I am finding that the new recovery algorithm in Phocus 3.4 that was just released is significantly improved. I think now I don't need to edit in two places (Phocus and Lightroom Classic). What is your experience with Phocus 3.4?

bab

It seems the files can now cook the full 15 stops of DR especially in the highlights when there is a soft cast of light flooding the image. I’ve found that recovering the blown areas with the slider first then adjusting the upper right histogram slider slightly and then pulling the recovery slider back towards the left works best.DF39CE67-3185-4CD5-83D2-A6F394939297.jpeg