Site Sponsors

Thread: Phocus 3.4

Post Thanks / Like

Phocus 3.4

I am finding that the new recovery algorithm in Phocus 3.4 that was just released is significantly improved. I think now I don't need to edit in two places (Phocus and Lightroom Classic). What is your experience with Phocus 3.4?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phocus 3.4

I tested it out this morning on some landscape images and the new updates are very good. I think I will be working up my Hasselblad images now in Phocus instead of in Lightroom. The recovery and shadow fill sliders are massively improved!

Cheers, Michael

www.michaelclarkphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by masud View Post
    I am finding that the new recovery algorithm in Phocus 3.4 that was just released is significantly improved. I think now I don't need to edit in two places (Phocus and Lightroom Classic). What is your experience with Phocus 3.4?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phocus 3.4

It seems the files can now cook the full 15 stops of DR especially in the highlights when there is a soft cast of light flooding the image. I’ve found that recovering the blown areas with the slider first then adjusting the upper right histogram slider slightly and then pulling the recovery slider back towards the left works best.Name:  DF39CE67-3185-4CD5-83D2-A6F394939297.jpeg
Views: 160
Size:  74.7 KB
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post