The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fellow X1d owners issues?

Boinger

Hello can any fellow X1d owners share their experiences with the camera.

Mine keeps having some lock ups here and there, mainly with regards to focusing where I have to disconnect and reconnect the lens or restart the camera.

I am on the latest firmware.

And all of a sudden tethering is now crashing ever 1 - 3 shots. Which is strange because it worked flawlessly up until this point.

Have any of you been experiencing these issues or is it just me?

It is frustrating to deal with this in the middle of shooting almost tempted to swap to the gfx.

Opinions wanted.

tcdeveau

I never shoot tethered so I can't speak to that...

I had a lockup or two that required removing and reinserting the battery within the first few months of owning the camera but haven't had any issues like that in a long time. Haven't had the focus issue either, knock on wood (although did just have a lockup with my Fuji X-E3 and 56mm 1.2). Only real issue I have had was with the scroll wheels. They were replaced, and then were acting erratic after replacement, but fixed with some software/firmware adjustments with instructions provided by Hasselblad service (involving the "service" menu on the camera).

Good luck, and definitely reach out to Hasselblad service if you haven't already. Seems tethering issues with MF take a bit of troubleshooting to get to the bottom of with all the components in the signal chain.

jng

My camera body locks up sporadically. When it does, I just remove and reinsert the battery, and hold my breath when I power it back on. Once the problem clears, the camera seems to behave itself. Until the next time. It's been a while since I've shot tethered with the X1D, so can't speak to any issues there. I agree with Todd that a call to Hasselblad service is in order if the problem persists. Also just to be clear, are both the lens and body firmware versions up to date? And do you experience the same problem with different lenses?

Hope this helps - good luck!

John

danlindberg

No lockups for me, but I don't tether. The only issue I have is at the very end of battery life I get erratic autofocus and focuspoint. But this is just before it dies because there is no juice left, so I don't see that as a problem.

Boinger

No lockups for me, but I don't tether. The only issue I have is at the very end of battery life I get erratic autofocus and focuspoint. But this is just before it dies because there is no juice left, so I don't see that as a problem.
Hmm interesting observation. You know that may be my issues as I don't charge my batteries very often. Next time I see focus issues I will note the battery life. Thanks for that

danlindberg

I think it could be a good idea to change battery as soon as you get weird stuff going on to see if it is power related. I have had a few strange things happening, but all at the end of the road for the battery...
This weekend I had the focus point dancing around without me doing anything, but then a minute later the camera died, changing battery and everything fine again!

jng

Excellent point from Dan re: the checking the battery. A low battery level can definitely lead to problems, in my experience. I also had an incident last week where the camera was repeatedly freezing up in spite of several battery-out-battery-in cycles. The display indicated that the battery had a good charge on it, but when I swapped it out for another the camera behaved just fine.

John

Boinger

Excellent point from Dan re: the checking the battery. A low battery level can definitely lead to problems, in my experience. I also had an incident last week where the camera was repeatedly freezing up in spite of several battery-out-battery-in cycles. The display indicated that the battery had a good charge on it, but when I swapped it out for another the camera behaved just fine.

John
I have noticed with my h6d that the battery will show full or half full but was actually dead. Ruined a firmware flash for me.

I will definitely investigate.

jng

Good to know. Based on the time it took to charge the presumptive culprit, I don't think it was as charged as I was led to believe. Except when I pick up the camera to muck about casually, I try to make sure that I start out every shoot with freshly charged batteries.

I have noticed with my h6d that the battery will show full or half full but was actually dead. Ruined a firmware flash for me.

I will definitely investigate.