The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji f/5.6 100-200mm Zoom available first quarter 2019?

David Schneider

Not sure I understand exactly where you pre-ordered this lens. Kindly clarify. Thanks.
I kind of pre-pre ordered it. lol. I purchased my GFX50R through member/dealer PedroL and asked him to order the 100-200mm as soon as available. I enjoy dealing with him more than the larger, well know national vendors.

tcdeveau

FYI fujirumors.com is reporting that the 100-200mm GF announcement could be Jan. 17th, so we may have more info on the lens soon

hcubell

Looks like a terrific lens. Lots of complaints from some about the max aperture of f/5.6, but I wish more camera manufacturers opted for slower lens designs to minimize size and weight.

David Schneider

With the price and specs released, Fuji has done a nice job trying to make as many potential users happy as possible. Those who would use this lens in-studio should be fine with the f5.6 because dof below that is so shallow it is easy to have one eye in focus and the other out when not intended. I've had that happen with my Hassie lenses. And for those who want to take it on a trip, it weighs less than a Canon 70-200 f2.8 and not a lot more than Fuji 50-140mm. And the price as released is excellent if the IQ is like Fuji's other lenses, particularly the 32-64 zoom.

I think many who want a faster lens might not have experience using a medium format lenses in this range. Faster lenses are larger and heavier and more costly. For much studio work you might be using them above f5.6 much of the time anyway, as I generally do. Keeping the front element to 67mm and internal zoom is a plus for taking the 100-200 on the road. Nice compromise.

fotophil

I am also number one on my dealer's list and I suspect that the demand for the new 100-200mm Zoom will be so high that Fuji will not have to issue "Fuji instant rebates" to discount on an already reasonable $2000 list price. It will interesting to see what Hasselblad charges for their upcoming 35-75mm Zoom Lens for the X1D - likely to be much higher than $2K!

UOTE=Christopher;777742]Can’t wait to get it, but this time I’ll wait for a Fuji instant rebate and that should push it towards 1,6k or so.[/QUOTE]

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ordered :facesmack:

Looking forward to this zoom to help lighten the bag a little. Very pleased to see that it also supports the 1.4X TC which for landscapes means that zoom range can replace what I cover with the 120 & 250mm lenses today.

Almost a must have for me as I can leave the 120 and 250 at home for landscape/travel photography.

Also tempted to wait until there is a discount as I don't have any trips planned at the moment.