The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Fuji "Portable" Film MF

S

stnami

Ok scan the neg and we are digital..............:thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Ok scan the neg and we are digital..............:thumbup:
Yes, this was a part of my little imaginary dream for the camera. It was sponsored in part by the post that brought me to the forum originally, namely the review Jack did of the Chamonix 4x5 camera.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Film discussion is cool here too... It's just that our WORKSHOPS are geared toward digital output --- hence the "digital" in our name --- whether or not the original was digital or analog matters not t us. :)

Cheers,

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Nice. I have a friend who always used to carry a 6x6 Agfa (I think) folder in his coat pocket. These things are immensely practical!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm looking forward to more info on the Fuji. I give them a lot of credit for putting this little guy out there during the digital frenzy. The prototype in the photos is certainly pretty. I definitely want one! In fact, I think I want one of them more than I want any of the other cameras introduced at PMA. Crazy.

Maggie O

Looks cool. Love seeing a bellows on an RF!

(Though it really bugs me when photo magazines use "analog" for chemical photography. It's not analog, you twits!! IT'S CHEMICAL!!! ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
(whispers) pssst, hey Maggie... uh oh, I think Jack may have used the term "analog" a few responses ago. Don't worry though, he's at PMA and probably didn't hear you. :angel:

S

stnami

Yonks ago I had a Mamiya 6 foldup. handy when travelling but preferred the the TLRs they just give that other viewpoint in busy places

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Although I think it is very cool what Fuji is proposing, the Mamiya 7II already is one cool rangefinder whose shutter sound is almost unhearable. I have tested it against my M6TTL and M3 and the Mamiya is way quieter! And the size is very compact for a 6x7 and the lenses are simply superb.

You know what?............I am going out tomorrow (well at least as soon as I return from my Florida vacation) and shoot a couple of rolls of Velvia and Provia. Wow, this will be a revelation.

Hope you all enjoy your shooting day tomorrow, no matter what equipment

Woody

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Woody:

I had to google the Mamiya since I'd never heard of it. Wow. I had no idea there was a category of rangefinder medium format cameras.

The Mamiya looks wonderful too. I'd really like to see some shots taken with it.

Thanks!
Tim

Stuart Richardson

I can't believe you haven't heard about the Mamiya 7, it's a fantastic camera...very popular with the fine art community.

Taken with the Mamiya:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Stuart: whoa! those are great. I ended up staring at the second one for a long time, the delicate tones in the clouds and sky are fantastic. Thanks for posting them.

Hanging around this forum could get expensive. So many cameras and lenses... *must resist*

Stuart Richardson

Thanks for the compliments. Like any great camera, it is hard to do justice to the Mamiya 7 on the screen...6x7 negs and Leica-sharp lenses can create amazing prints. It does not start to warmed up until 16x20, larger than that and its advantages really start to show.