The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon To GFX50s adapter with AF

mota25

I would like to use my 85mm f1.2 on my GFX50s. I see there are multiple adapters, Kippon, TechArt and Steelsring. Which one is the better option. I am searching on the web and can't find much info. I have read one article about TechArt from Jonas Rask but haevn't seen any minus points so not sure how well should that adapter works.

J S H

I would like to use my 85mm f1.2 on my GFX50s. I see there are multiple adapters, Kippon, TechArt and Steelsring. Which one is the better option. I am searching on the web and can't find much info. I have read one article about TechArt from Jonas Rask but haevn't seen any minus points so not sure how well should that adapter works.
I have both the Kipon and Techart. I prefer the Kipon...it's cheaper and works really well. Also, they have a good procedure in place for firmware updates, which seem to come every few months. In my experience, manual focus is the preferred way to go with adapted lenses on the GFX, as it's much easier to ascertain critical focus when you aren't using the focus by wire of the native lenses. If you need fast AF, I would stick with the native lenses. I can't tell you how well the 85 1.2 will work, since it's also focus by wire.