The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4 150 / XF Shutter Problem

dburdeny

Iv'e just put my new IQ4 on the XF body for the first time and the shutter will not release using the camera button or the button on the IQ4 screen. Mirror-up is unresponsive as well. Firmware is the latest release and I've reset the camera controls to default. My old IQ3 back works without issue so that rules out a mechanical issue with the body. I know Capture Integration tested it before it shipped and I can see 18 frames on it, so it must have worked at some point. Anyone out there experienced this problem?

Christopher

Have you checked the XF firmware? It has to be updated as well if you only upgraded the back and your XF is still from your IQ3.

Iv'e just put my new IQ4 on the XF body for the first time and the shutter will not release using the camera button or the button on the IQ4 screen. Mirror-up is unresponsive as well. Firmware is the latest release and I've reset the camera controls to default. My old IQ3 back works without issue so that rules out a mechanical issue with the body. I know Capture Integration tested it before it shipped and I can see 18 frames on it, so it must have worked at some point. Anyone out there experienced this problem?

RLB

Download newest firmware from PhaseOne site. Place that firmware file on a formatted memory card root folder with no other files on the card.

Attached IQ4 to XF. Insert a memory card. Insert 2 full charge batteries. Boot camera. Go to menu on IQ4. Choose update firmware.

Be aware it will take a good 10 minutes to do the update. DO NOT interrupt the camera during the update. Once its completed you will see a message stating firmware updated successfuly. Reboot camera. Everything should work.

Be aware that the XF must have fairly recent firware already running such as the one that has Feature Set 4. If you have older firmware I beleive its suggested you update the FX first.

Just did this a few days ago and everything works.

etrump

Are you using ES or LS priority shutter mode? Most likely the firmware on the XF. Update it to the most recent using your IQ3 then update using the IQ4. You don’t want to risk updating a firmware gap on the new back.