The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4 and Arca rm3di question for anyone

Paul2660

As many tech camera users have already received the IQ4, I have a question for any of the users with an Arca Rm3di.

With the IQ3, 100, you needed to add a different back plate (plate the back mounts to) you needed to upgrade the plate since there were more pin outs (as I remember for power sharing) on the back. Arca made a plate, enlarged to accommodate the new pinout.

I am curious if this same plate works on the IQ4? Hopefully another upgrade for plates will not be necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

onasj

As many tech camera users have already received the IQ4, I have a question for any of the users with an Arca Rm3di.

With the IQ3, 100, you needed to add a different back plate (plate the back mounts to) you needed to upgrade the plate since there were more pin outs (as I remember for power sharing) on the back. Arca made a plate, enlarged to accommodate the new pinout.

I am curious if this same plate works on the IQ4? Hopefully another upgrade for plates will not be necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
I’m an Alpa, rather than an Arca, user but my Alpa Phase One IQ3 back adapter works fine on the IQ4, and I don’t think the back-to-camera pin rows below the sensor have changed in physical layout.

dchew

Another Alpa not Arca user, but I don't think it matters.

I still use my old P65+ / Mamiya mounting plate. The slot is not wide enough for those extra pins, but all the pins are spring mounted. Never had an issue with my 3100 and it's been mounted on there permanently since May 2016; no issue with the 1-week demo of the 4150 either.

Dave

narikin

Likewise. My (old) Alpa-Mamiya Phase plate does not have a big enough cut out for the wider pin array, but it's fine.

I briefly worried it might 'short' something, but...nope.

I guess if Alpa update the plate again, they should make it wider than IQ4 even, to future proof it! Never know what Phase has up it's sleeve.

rsinclair

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Hello Paul,

I am finding that the pin area of the plate I used on the IQ180 w/ the Rm3Di also works for me w/ the IQ4150 on the Rm. The pin area on that plate is not as wide as the pins on the IQ4150, but that hasn’t been a problem. While at this point the IQ4150 doesn't have the Copal release capability that the IQ180 did, the ES on the IQ4150 w/ a Hahnel XF 12-pin cable release works fine. I don't have a history/past experience w/ ES's, but am "coping" fine (if not really enjoying) until the hardware (cables) and firmware for the IQ4150 become available to enable Copal release. In short, I'm using the same plate I used w/ the IQ180 and the Rm on the IQ4150 and Rm w/out issue.

Some examples can be seen in this thread...

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium...al-backs/65283-iq4-150-first-impressions.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Robert

Last edited: