The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ280 plus RZ67 ProIID - help needed

baudolino

Quick questions to all those who have experience with shooting on a digital back with Mamiya RZ67 ProIID, via the HX701 adapter. Which position should the R-M lever be on the camera body? I have received the back today, so just getting familiar with the setup. My problem is that the shutter does not fire when it is in the central dot position, where it should be using film backs. Only fires when the lever is on the M position (multiple exposure). Is this the way it should be? I have downloaded both the camera manual (no mention of digital backs whatsoever) and the IQ280 manual but this is not mentioned anywhere. Or am I looking in the wrong places? (Memo: The back is set to the RZ67 Pro IID mode). Many thanks in advance.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Quick questions to all those who have experience with shooting on a digital back with Mamiya RZ67 ProIID, via the HX701 adapter. Which position should the R-M lever be on the camera body? I have received the back today, so just getting familiar with the setup. My problem is that the shutter does not fire when it is in the central dot position, where it should be using film backs. Only fires when the lever is on the M position (multiple exposure). Is this the way it should be? I have downloaded both the camera manual (no mention of digital backs whatsoever) and the IQ280 manual but this is not mentioned anywhere. Or am I looking in the wrong places? (Memo: The back is set to the RZ67 Pro IID mode). Many thanks in advance.
Correct, the lever should be set to the M position.

By the way: don't be afraid to put the dealer from you purchased to work helping you get going with your new kit. It's literally their job to make this a fun and easy transition!

Enjoy your new system. I love the RZ!

baudolino

Correct, the lever should be set to the M position.

By the way: don't be afraid to put the dealer from you purchased to work helping you get going with your new kit. It's literally their job to make this a fun and easy transition!

Enjoy your new system. I love the RZ!
Many thanks, Doug, for a quick reply. I bought the back privately, from a user in DK who advertised it on LuLa.
In any case, after I posted the question here, it also occurred to me that I could ask P1 support directly - which I did and got the same answer within like 15 minutes! Very excited to get into the system, with such excellent support.
I plan to use it in a shoot on Thursday this week, so making sure now that I understand it as much as I can in the next 24 hours :)