The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad affected by fraud at DJI?

drunkenspyder

Very interesting. My guess is it will have little impact on Hassy plans and development, but not because I actually have any knowledge of the situation. It's just that internal accounting forensics and fraud control [with which I do have experience] are issues that don't generally bear on R&D and production timelines. And inasmuch as DJI has already bled the money, any chance of recovery is a good thing, and any holes being plugged for the future is also a good thing. And let's be honest, it's difficult to imagine Hassy being much slower at development anyway.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Nothing to yawn about, that’s a lot of green, but considering they are a $2.7B company they may not show any ill effects to consumers. Also it didn’t mention if it’s a recent development, or more likely something that has been going on for a few years, which would mean they’ve already shown some of the losses as lower margin in previous years.