The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with H4D60 and Phocus connection

eccwong

I update the H4D60 body firmware to 2.3.3/18.0.8 without problem, I then update the back firmware to R520. The camera will not connect to Phocus any more after restart. I tried 3 different FW cables, FW800 and thunderbolt connection but none of them work. Anyone has connection issue after update? Any help will be much appreciated.

Camera: Hasselblad H4D60
Computer: Macbook
Phocus version: 3.4.1

PabloR

I update the H4D60 body firmware to 2.3.3/18.0.8 without problem, I then update the back firmware to R520. The camera will not connect to Phocus any more after restart. I tried 3 different FW cables, FW800 and thunderbolt connection but none of them work. Anyone has connection issue after update? Any help will be much appreciated.

Camera: Hasselblad H4D60
Computer: Macbook
Phocus version: 3.4.1
you need a firewire hub. I had that problem for months and I were close to get mad. In my case, not enough energy were feeding the back in the connection

the problem is the Apple adapters from firewire to thunderbolt only delivers 7w, and Hasselblad needs 10w

so you need a firewire hub between your camera and computer

try this

jamjon

you need a firewire hub. I had that problem for months and I were close to get mad. In my case, not enough energy were feeding the back in the connection

the problem is the Apple adapters from firewire to thunderbolt only delivers 7w, and Hasselblad needs 10w

try this
Do you have a recommendation for a firewire hub?

Thanks!

epforever

try this

There should also be a menu item on the back for drawing power from the camera (instead of computer) when using a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. At least, there is on my H5D-50. On the back, it's under Menu > Settings > Service > Tethered Power ...

robmac

Unlike the H5D, the H4D doesn't allow tethered power from the battery. We researched it (a LOT) before moving from DSLRs to the H5D.

For the H4D, a Unibrain or Kramer Firewire800 hubs are usually the ones recommended.

You'll need a 12V power source (AC, battery, etc) and a small FW800 cable to connect the hub to the laptop. A portable lithium Ion power back that can be set to 12V works fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unibrain-F...143528?hash=item287a2826a8:g:360AAOSwO7dclpPb

Since you only need 1 in and 1 out port, the smaller plastic one will do fine. They are all getting hard to find, especially the smaller plastic one, so jump when you can.

Kramer unit:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/767499-REG/Kramer_VS_40FW_VS_40FW_4_Port_FireWire_800.html

When buying one , make sure you get the right connection type (9 pin).

Good luck.

jerome_m

You could also use a firewire power injector. Basically, a small firewire cable with a power input. A firewire injector can actually be made by slicing a cheap firewire cable and connecting the right wires to a 12V power supply..