The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hassy on the way?

Knorp

I'm genuinely happy for you guys, but what's the excitement about ?

New Hasselblad X1D Mark II camera registered. Design Description: This is a Camera with Bluetooth.
Really now ?

:p

SrMphoto

Really now ?

Before the excitement boils over, X1D mark II could still be a 50Mp camera with various improvements, including Bluetooth (finally and hopefully LE).

hcubell

Before the excitement boils over, X1D mark II could still be a 50Mp camera with various improvements, including Bluetooth (finally and hopefully LE).
Why would a company "announce" the forthcoming release of a new camera by registering it with the Bluetooth industry group? Strange way to leak it. In any event, I am sure this is not just the same X1D with Bluetooth instead of WIFI.

SrMphoto

Why would a company "announce" the forthcoming release of a new camera by registering it with the Bluetooth industry group? Strange way to leak it. In any event, I am sure this is not just the same X1D with Bluetooth instead of WIFI.
I do not think that Hasselblad is happy that X1D Mark II name is leaking through the Bluetooth registry. This is probably Hasselblad's first product that contains Bluetooth, maybe they made a mistake?

I am also sure that it makes no sense to add "Mark II" if you are adding Bluetooth only. Of course, I would be nice to have an increase in resolution, but my point is that "Mark II" does not automatically imply increased resolution. The only information we have is that there is an X1D Mark II camera that has Bluetooth. Everything else is left to our imagination and hopes.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

X1DII means a new camera.

Nothing says that Bluetooth is the only new feature.

Seriously, if the new camera does not have a 100 MP sensor, on sensor phase detection and 6FPS than Hasselblad is clear for RIP. Because that is what competition will deliver.

Best regards
Erik

Really now ?

Christopher

My guess it will be the 100Mp version. Everything else is just a fail.

The big question might be the price. If the Fuji is 9999 is the Hasselblad similar as it won’t have IBIS or will it move another 12k

I do not think that Hasselblad is happy that X1D Mark II name is leaking through the Bluetooth registry. This is probably Hasselblad's first product that contains Bluetooth, maybe they made a mis
I am also sure that it makes no sense to add "Mark II" if you are adding Bluetooth only. Of course, I would be nice to have an increase in resolution, but my point is that "Mark II" does not automatically imply increased resolution. The only information we have is that there is an X1D Mark II camera that has Bluetooth. Everything else is left to our imagination and hopes.

Christopher

Why? It’s the only way to get new technology. The 50MP sensor is just old and while it has great image quality it’s just at its limits when it comes to readout and more possibilities.

SrMphoto

I am a X1d owner and yes it must.

Because the 50mp chip has not been updated. It cannot do on chip phase detect AF.

That is very important.
I do not understand. Why can't we have an improved X1D mark II with 50Mp and then an X2D with 100Mp? And what do you expect more from on-chip phase detect, apart from banding ;-)? It seems to me that the focusing speed of current XC lenses is limited by lenses, not by lack of PDAF. CDAF is also typically more precise than PDAF, even if it is on-chip.

hcubell

My guess it will be the 100Mp version. Everything else is just a fail.

The big question might be the price. If the Fuji is 9999 is the Hasselblad similar as it won’t have IBIS or will it move another 12k
I personally would pay MORE for an X2D-100C that does NOT have IBIS, so long as it preserves the essential form factor of the X1D and doesn’t look anything like the Fuji GFX 100S

There was an X1D-2 wish list thread almost as soon as the X1D came out. Should we go ahead and start an X1D-3 wish list? Kind of a sad state of affairs...

hcubell

It’s uncanny whenever Hasselblad announces a new camera. The responses fall into two camps. Those who actually own Hasselblad cameras are pleased and cautiously optimistic about the specifications. And those who don’t own them, would never own them, make snarky remarks about the new camera and/or those who own them. The latter publicly pretend that it’s “good to have competition “ while secretly wishing that Hasselblad would fail. This is what’s sad.

pegelli

It’s uncanny whenever Hasselblad announces a new camera. The responses fall into two camps. Those who actually own Hasselblad cameras are pleased and cautiously optimistic about the specifications. And those who don’t own them, would never own them, make snarky remarks about the new camera and/or those who own them. The latter publicly pretend that it’s “good to have competition “ while secretly wishing that Hasselblad would fail. This is what’s sad.
That happens with any new camera coming out, irrespective of the brand and/or sensor size. I actually think it's a small, albeit very vocal, part of the internet community, but most people (and certainly most GetDPI members) are better behaved and in my opinion shouldn't be painted in this stereotype black/white or good/bad.

Last edited:

dave.gt

Internet forums sadly have many human characteristics and shades of dark sides as does any slice of our humanity. This forum is better than most probably because there is a good self-regulating spirit among many members. Ibhopevitcdyas tgst way.

We live in a chaotic world and need safe shelters like "any port in a storm". Thank goodness for this forum, a place where truly good human beings from all over this big blue marble enjoy and learn from each other. It is good to note our shortcomings, and hopefully polish the rough edges from time to time, which does seem to correlate with the introduction of new gear.

I personally can't wait for the next image! One day the next image I see will be from a Mark II... just bring it!!!!:thumbs: