The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hassy on the way?

SrMphoto

And yet, the Hasselblad online store has them in stock and Adorama has them in stock... both at the $8995 price. :loco:

Could it be that there is an announcement of the Mark II coming soon?:grin:
Maybe they even have an X1D Mark II available for purchase on the day of the announcement :).

tcdeveau

Maybe they even have an X1D Mark II available for purchase on the day of the announcement :).
Hopefully it will be shipping soon thereafter for those that order it. Orders for the 65, 80, and 135 XCD opened up back in September and are still not shipping in volumes (the 135 I don’t think has shipped at all yet).

dave.gt

Is this crazy?:loco:

Adorama now has no X1D-50c cameras available!
Since yesterday... when they were in stock.

Hmmmm...:facesmack:

JohnBrew

I wonder if a significant sensor improvement is not possible. I don't follow Sony's sensor development very closely, except for this and Phase purposes, but it seems to me that a BSI 50mpx MF sensor is not out of the realm of possibility, though not perhaps likely. Just because it's not yet in Fuji's cameras does not mean one has not been developed or couldn't be available now or in the near future. That's like saying only Fuji can optimize Sony sensors, and no one can lap Fuji in a sensor marketing cycle. The 50S has been out a while now, and if the Fuji 50R was on a timetable that prevented it from waiting on a Sony BSI 50mpx sensor, then that need not necessarily mean Hasselblad would be unable to use it.
Amen. Nothing out of the realm of possibility that a different 50 mp sensor might be used. Maybe even especially made for Hasselblad.
Personally, I would like to see a better EVF and more resolution on the LCD. I'm testing a Z7 right now and, color me surprised, the EVF is just fine. I like the camera but could easily wait for a better Hasselblad because I am unlikely to buy a Z7. One other item which has kept me out of the Hasselblad camp this time around is the lack of a 65, which has been promised for a while now.

drunkenspyder

Amen. Nothing out of the realm of possibility that a different 50 mp sensor might be used. Maybe even especially made for Hasselblad.
Personally, I would like to see a better EVF and more resolution on the LCD. I'm testing a Z7 right now and, color me surprised, the EVF is just fine. I like the camera but could easily wait for a better Hasselblad because I am unlikely to buy a Z7. One other item which has kept me out of the Hasselblad camp this time around is the lack of a 65, which has been promised for a while now.
The EVF on the Z7 is quite good, better than I expected it to be. I enjoy using that camera very much. And as FF sensors go, it's difficult to find better. But it's FF, not MF. So . . ..

I would view live histogram as a significant enough improvement for me to add Hassy to the arsenal. I would also like better EVF/LCD, though neither was enough to keep from taking the plunge.

tcdeveau

FYI The 65mm XCD is shipping now, they just seem to be trickling out and not shipping in volume yet. B&H even had em in stock for a brief period of time last week. I imagine they'll be popping up more as "in stock" over the next couple weeks at retailers.

fotophil

Is this crazy?:loco:

Adorama now has no X1D-50c cameras available!
Since yesterday... when they were in stock.

Hmmmm...:facesmack:
It seems that the new X1D Cameras disappeared overnight as soon as B&H made their announcement. I guess that there will no opportunities to pickup a second X1D Body at "Fire Sale" Prices and probably no future X1D Firmware releases.
I wonder if the new Mark 2 may be an enhanced 50MP X1D Body X1D rather than a completely new 100MP Body? Based upon Hasselblad's snail paced release rates, it may be a while for the 100MP Camera to appear! Good news is that maybe they can release some new lenses!

These prices are around $10000 so the X1D Price has gone full circle from initial price of $10000 to B&H Street Price of $6500 and now back to new Japan Street Price of $10000! Isn't supply and demand wonderful? Good return on our "investment" I'm thrilled!
Until the X1D MkII comes out at $10,000. You've got a short window to sell.

JohnBrew

The new Fuji reveal shows very well why, IMO, there will not be a new X1D any time soon. Heat issues will dictate an all new body if they go to 100 mp. Some of you may remember this was an issue with the very first X1D’s...

I’m waiting for H to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but i’m not holding my breath.

drevil

Staff member
this dude really believes hasselblad will bury the X series so soon again? haha (quick edit, i know he didnt say that, just thats the way it sounds like)

not a very broad view from this guy, i have no sales figures and only seen a single X1D on the street once(not laying on the ground!) but i cant think that it sold so badly.

we will see a successor for sure, as the bluetooth registration shows

i would rather question if we will still see 2 more additional H cameras

the future is mirrorless, embrace it!

sog1927

The new Fuji reveal shows very well why, IMO, there will not be a new X1D any time soon. Heat issues will dictate an all new body if they go to 100 mp. Some of you may remember this was an issue with the very first X1D’s...

I’m waiting for H to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but i’m not holding my breath.
Maybe. I haven't seen power or thermal specs for the new sensors and I don't know how much power Hasselblad could save by using a custom ASIC instead of the current processor, so I don't know whether this is really the case. Remember, Fuji is incorporating IBIS and an FP shutter as well, both of which probably take some additional room.